Any FORD mechanics here ????

-
I don't get it...

P-51 mustang

VALHALLA2-wpcf_600x400.jpg

Tow is arranged. It should be at the Ford dealership this evening, and then when they get to it (hopefully tomorrow) they'll re-flash/re-program it. Hope this is the solution.

Tow is arranged. It should be at the Ford dealership this evening, and then when they get to it (hopefully tomorrow) they'll re-flash/re-program it. Hope this is the solution.

I do too. They'll probably perform that TSB which will include cleaning the T/B.

I do too. They'll probably perform that TSB which will include cleaning the T/B.
today i started it, and while it was idling, i click the A/C on max. When the compressor kicked on the rpm's dropped a split second but it idled itself up and returned to the proper rpm like normal. That leads me to believe the TB is probably fine, but the battery swap, I think, caused it to lose signal from the radial control foot pedal (how scary is that) to the throttle body. It has no clue what it should do, so it does nothing but light up a wrench on my dash :D

today i started it, and while it was idling, i click the A/C on max. When the compressor kicked on the rpm's dropped a split second but it idled itself up and returned to the proper rpm like normal. That leads me to believe the TB is probably fine, but the battery swap, I think, caused it to lose signal from the radial control foot pedal (how scary is that) to the throttle body. It has no clue what it should do, so it does nothing but light up a wrench on my dash :D

I agree. I don't know why they threw the T/B in with that deal. I'm sure there's a reason.

It's getting a ride on a roll back, loaded and gone !!

I knew that drive by wire was a bad idea. I have an 08 Focus I am waiting for it to crap out...good on gas though:)

Not the GT, but the 4 cylinder turbo they have. The GT has a pipe from the air intake to the inside.
So, it routs the throaty sound into the car? Geez, and people put sound deadenders on the older ones... I think its for the video game generation who learned how to drive on play station...:)

They had to order a throttle body. Just mentioned to my wife we might here something today. I'm sure they are itching to get my 650 bucks.

I'm sorry, I just flat don't believe the T/B is the issue. .......unless maybe something about voltage spikes from disconnecting and reconnecting a battery might have taken it out. I find that hard to believe.

I'm sorry, I just flat don't believe the T/B is the issue. .......unless maybe something about voltage spikes from disconnecting and reconnecting a battery might have taken it out. I find that hard to believe.
They were going to just reprogram it. I must have not taken the program. Said it needed a new TB. What can I say? Or do? I can't have it towed back home (I mean I could but....). Not all technology is better. Just because we "can", don't mean we "should". Drive-by-wire is a prime example. Many have been injured and some even died because of run-away cars. Stupid. But, because it's "new", we must "turn the corner". I'll say it again, Stupid.

They were going to just reprogram it. I must have not taken the program. Said it needed a new TB. What can I say? Or do? I can't have it towed back home (I mean I could but....). Not all technology is better. Just because we "can", don't mean we "should". Drive-by-wire is a prime example. Many have been injured and some even died because of run-away cars. Stupid. But, because it's "new", we must "turn the corner". I'll say it again, Stupid.

Yeah I know. I've had that argument here a few times, too. Always get argued down by all the "new is better" fellas. All your other older drivers run though, don't they? I tell you what though. If that new T/B don't do it, I'd make um eat that sumbitch.

Yeah I know. I've had that argument here a few times, too. Always get argued down by all the "new is better" fellas. All your other older drivers run though, don't they? I tell you what though. If that new T/B don't do it, I'd make um eat that sumbitch.
Just told a guy at work, my newest car ('06 stang) is the one that's in the shop. Been driving the "Van of War" for the past 2 weeks to work, my wife is driving our '01 Ram with 291,*** miles. And we have more in the dug out, waiting for their number to be called. LOL.

Just told a guy at work, my newest car ('06 stang) is the one that's in the shop. Been driving the "Van of War" for the past 2 weeks to work, my wife is driving our '01 Ram with 291,*** miles. And we have more in the dug out, waiting for their number to be called. LOL.

That 01 is like our 04 Escape. By 08, they were required to have that stupid low tire light on the dash that looks like a butt when lit up. Things seemed to go downhill drastically at that point. My 08 Jeep Wrangler had it and from two weeks in it stayed on even though all the tires were aired up. They replaced all the sensors under warranty. Even the spare. Also reprogrammed it several times. Never could figure out what was wrong and never made the light go out. When I traded it to the very dealer I bought it from and tried to repair it, they tried to make a huge stink about the light being on until I reminded them it was they who gave up on trying to fix it. Morons.

I am wondering if the drive by wire Throttle body is plug and play or does it need a program just to swap it out.

when i was at ford, when the wrench light came on, we just looked for mice eaten wires. when we didn't find any, we just replaced the tb and reprogrammed to highest level avail. ford wanted us to overlay the harness but after 2 or 3 times, when that didn't fix chit, we just did as i said above.

My SC400 burned a driver side coil out and the unburned fuel ended up burning in that banks cat. Turned it to a "maraca" of burned broken up matrix that makes a rattle noise on every acceleration. Can't wait for smog time on that one. I'll just ask him to put the sniffer up the passenger side exhaust pipe....F new cars and Joe Blow trying to maintain them.

no-serviceable-parts.png

Car has returned to our fleet. 626 bucks (they quoted 650). "On the road again.... I just can't wait to get on the road again..... "

-
Back