Any ideas what went wrong here?

-

alg

Reaction score
image.jpg
note the space between glass and weatherstripping. Any ideas what went wrong and how to correct?

Thanks

The glass is not completely in the channel in the back is my guess

Either the rear, front or both of the windows need adjustment. Now some roll on plastic wheels and one may be busted. Pull door panels and inspect. Start with whichever one you think is incorrect.

Either the rear, front or both of the windows need adjustment. Now some roll on plastic wheels and one may be busted. Pull door panels and inspect. Start with whichever one you think is incorrect.

Yep, that's what it looks like to me as well.
There, I accentuated the problem. :D

image.jpg

Good old Trailbeast is right again. There is adjustment in all the windows. Plan on it taking a while; unless you get lucky.

Good old Trailbeast is right again. There is adjustment in all the windows. Plan on it taking a while; unless you get lucky.

You couldda left out good. Old is sufficient. LOL

Yep, that's what it looks like to me as well.
There, I accentuated the problem. :D

View attachment 1715013456
I had the same trouble w/ my basket case 68 fish,someone else pulled the stuff out and I`d never done it before. have countless hrs trying to adjust them where they wil be tite and not leak. have even elongated some of the adjustment holes. still not what I`d like. I remember my new 1968 form. S barracuda always leaked terrible in a car wash back then, and even a little on the hi way in a hard rain. don`t give up.

Yeah i spent days on my GTS getting things realigned. After fighting it forever, what I did was loosen it all up, I set the glass where I wanted it with masking tape and then slowing tightened it all up.

As an old guy, I'm okay with this. I got nothin but time. Will read up on how to do this, pack a lunch and dinner, and have at it. Thanks guys.

As an old guy, I'm okay with this. I got nothin but time. Will read up on how to do this, pack a lunch and dinner, and have at it. Thanks guys.
better pack more than 1 days worth !--LOL

So I worked on this glass til I ran out of food. I did find this picture in my shop manual. The text doesn't cover what controls what. Any idea which of the parts in these pictures control the fore and aft adjustment? I don't want to just loosen everything because except fore and aft the adjustment is good. Thanks.
image.jpg

image.jpg

So I worked on this glass til I ran out of food. I did find this picture in my shop manual. The text doesn't cover what controls what. Any idea which of the parts in these pictures control the fore and aft adjustment? I don't want to just loosen everything because except fore and aft the adjustment is good. Thanks. View attachment 1715019054

View attachment 1715019053
have you looked at the slotted holes where the mounting bolts go?---I think I said that right!

-
Back