Any Ideas?????????

-

bama-a-body

Reaction score
i have a car full of ants and at first i thought just bomb the car.....well it seems there impervious to the poison, to top it off i was going to go hand to hand combat and found out they are of the fire ant breed and bit the s*#t out of me so i temp. gave them the car back until i can regroup ...... yes this is very much a serious post the trunk has about a 1/4 inch of them in it ???????

whoa that sux. i had a 78 trans am that had a slight ant problem but nothing major like that. they came in through a hole in the fendor and colonized in the carpet on the pass floorboard. i took it to a quarter car wash and sucked the majority of them out with the vacum after that i raided the few that were left.

I would smoke them out or if there is no interior poor gasoline on them but don't light it. You can always go to macco and ask them to bake it.

lmao mor thats just funny and the interior is mint or i would nuke the basturds fer sure but cant get your hands on the carpet to pull it out ...this is the first time i have ever seen a car with a perfect floor and trunk with ants inside cant figure how the h$$l they got in there. if the interior was junk i would call and ask them can you cook some ants for me lol thats just to much. the car wash is kinda what i thought so i broke out my trusty shop vac. and got my a*s bit off lol.

lol oh yea i forgot to add the part where you get one of your drunk buddies to vacume while you stand by with quarters lol

Very strange they would be in your car since they need soil,water & hot temps.That sucks.Get some granular ant bait like max force or others from home depot or lowes,etc. Won't make a mess & they think its food and take it back to the queen. When she is dying they will all move to try & save the colony.Takes about a week. Have to deal with fire ants on our sports fields at work.They are relentless. Good luck.

Oldschoolcuda

I used something called "chlordane" in the early eighties for an ant problem, but I think it was banned.

Just checked, it was banned in 1988. Too bad because it stopped the ant problem in just a couple days. I got it from a local Ace Hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlordane

I just read up a bit more and Fipronil is the suggested substitute. It looks like Oldschoolcuda was right on as it's the main active ingredient in MaxForce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fipronil

I'd start with a shop vac with about a gallon of water in the bottom for them to swim in.

One of the more... "eccentric" guys that I worked with in the service devised a solution to an ant problem in his house. The normal treatments all failed and desperation had set in. Here's how it went down.

He gathered a bunch of ants in a jar, sat at his kitchen table with a board, a #11 scalpel and a lighted magnifier. He then cut the heads off of the ants and mounted said heads to the tops of clipped straight pins. Having a large piece of cardboard bristling with creepiness on a tiny scale, he proceeded to place these bizarre totems at strategic locations throughout the house in hopes that the living ants would recognize the peril. As I recall, the place was ant-free in a few days.

While this is a rather labor-intensive potential solution, it serves as a macabre beacon of hope. ;-)

brake parts cleaner, works on roaches too plus with the little tube nozzle you can shoot em long distance

Use Cedar shavings, Cedar will run ticks, fleas, moths, ants plus many other insects. When the ants leave simply vaccumm it up.

i like the idea homecloned lol so do you have an ardvark i can barrow i'll feed him lol......but seriously i am going to get cedar chips and maxforce although if i had the time the heads on stick pins would be cool lol.......oh my ribs hurt thats just plain funny lol

If you find a mound in the car, blast it with a 10 lb CO2 extinguisher. Freeze the B@$^@*ds.

Amdro works great. It is a bait that workers take to the queen. Kill the queen and the rest of the mound is dead within three days. Treat the yard, too. Otherwise, you'll just chase them around.

A few years back there were a number of us in the neighborhood that had a fire ant problem. We all had to treat our yards at the same time to get rid of the beggars. Before that we were just chasing mounds amongst ourselves.

Good luck. The only good fire ant is a dead fire ant.

I have one more idea. I was at Ace Hardware and it was a mole or gopher killer. Its pretty much a pipe that you put on your exhaust and fill the hole (or car) with the Carbon monoxide and kill them that way. It might work.
Don't let the dead ants go to waste, they're high in protein. LOL.

You could try getting chloroform too.

Pauly has it down pat !!

Brake cleaner works wonder and will kill them instantly and leave no residue.

You can spray a bunch into an empty gallon paint can, set it in the car and shut the door for a while. Make sure all the windows are up.

Brake clean will also instantly snuff wasps, hornets, mice, rats, and even rattlesnakes----instantly! Don't believe it?? Take a snort.

Just kidding about taking a snort- It is extremely destructive to human brains.

One of the more... "eccentric" guys that I worked with in the service devised a solution to an ant problem in his house. The normal treatments all failed and desperation had set in. Here's how it went down.

He gathered a bunch of ants in a jar, sat at his kitchen table with a board, a #11 scalpel and a lighted magnifier. He then cut the heads off of the ants and mounted said heads to the tops of clipped straight pins. Having a large piece of cardboard bristling with creepiness on a tiny scale, he proceeded to place these bizarre totems at strategic locations throughout the house in hopes that the living ants would recognize the peril. As I recall, the place was ant-free in a few days.

While this is a rather labor-intensive potential solution, it serves as a macabre beacon of hope. ;-)

"Vlad the Ant Impaler"....ROTFLMAO! :cheers:

cover them in chocolate smoke a fatty and eat your problems away.lol. seriously the cedar shavings will work and then just vaccumn

-
Back