any less of a barracuda

-
If you go to the photo galleries here on this site there is a gallery call "66 Barracuda "v" which has photos of mine and a few others is saw on ebay and I think the other is from a member here

Back in 1972 I had a friend who had a red '66 with the "V" grille and a "fish" emblem in the moulding behind the glass. He wasn't positive it came that way as he bought the car from an elderly lady who had become too senile to drive, but said she had no recollection of the car ever being in the body shop. My guess would be that his car was one produced as the line was running low on the older style parts.

I thought that too but according to allpar 64-65-early 66 got the v. I thought only 64 early 65 after that the fish was standard on them. I know the script on barracuda emblems changed after 64-early 65.

64 , 65 and early 66 got the Valiant "V" on the trim under the back glass. Early 66 got a V on the grille. Only part of 64 got an emblem that said "Valiant" on the right rear below the trunk lid

This is all i could find 64-65-66 rear window and grill emblems.

Attachments

• 64 cuda window.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 1964-barracuda-273-rear.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 1966-plymouth-barracuda-1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 133
  • blue 65.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 100
  • cudajet.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Picture-1965-Plymouth-Barracuda-rear-view.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 98
  • plymouthbarracuda64b.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 129
  • stickerd cuda.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 107
Well Kyle, if I remember correctly, Dave has the certicard for that car which will give you the delivery date of the car, as well as the original owners name and address and the original delaer of origin. That should tell you whether it is an early build 66 car and should help you pinpoint your fish's origin. IMO, the trim on that car is original to the car and has probably not been changed out. Geof

As you can see from my avatar, I own one also.....in fact....in 30+ years of looking, I haven't found an earlier one so I would be curious as to your build date. Mine is 8/17/65 and is #499 Mopar that year from Hamtramck. I had one other one many years ago but it was just a parts car. The latest "V" car I've seen is a late Sept build date with a 12,??? VIN. I should have wrote it down but it was a customer who just happened to stop by and I didn't have time to get the particulars before he left. Mine came with the "V" horn button on the rally steering wheel too.

-
Back