Any LX shorty headers fit?

-

Uhcoog1

Reaction score
I'd like to run shorty headers with my 5.7 hemi in my 73 duster. Has anyone found anything off the shelf that fits? Street and Performance wants $720 for a set. I'd like to find something cheaper.

I'm also considering modifying the jeep SRT8 manifolds I have. That has been my plan up until today.

Gdemon used LX manifolds, but had to notch the frame rail a bit on the pass side i think, so headers would need that at least. I think the SRT jeep ones are supposed to drop in... I think...

Joe

I've got the jeep srt8's. They don't drop in for a factory k frame with manual steering. They hit the steering box, and dump right into the torsion bar. I've been planning on modifying the #1 primary (if we want to call it that) and shorten the collector. I'm considering selling these and ponying up the cash for the street and performance.

The Jeep SRT8 manifolds fit with an alterktion beautifully (I hear).

The Jeep 5.7 exhaust manifolds (log style) fit with the factory k member. I was looking for something better.

Fabrication is your friend.(and enemy at the same time) I am fabing up a set ofheaders for my car. They will be stainless and have 1 5/8 primary's to feed the turbos. Should be fun. I can't wait for the fab work, but I am dreading it too.

How much $$ do you think you'll have tied up in supplies by the end of it?

Probably about $700 but that will include the flanges, collectors, tubing, filler metal for the TIG welds, and all. The tubing is stainless. And once the hot side is all done, and the cold side is done it will all be ceramic coated. To include the intake manifold.

Pm me your email. I'll send you a mock up pic of my intake. It's never been seen before on a modern Hemi. It's a cross between a modern sheet metal manifold and the old max wedge long ram manifold. Will be fuel injected, pressurized, and make people say WTF is that.

Hey, WTF, the rest of us want car **** too!!!! :D

Show us your car **** now, we all want to see pics of you manifold.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I'd like to run shorty headers with my 5.7 hemi in my 73 duster. Has anyone found anything off the shelf that fits? Street and Performance wants $720 for a set. I'd like to find something cheaper.

I'm also considering modifying the jeep SRT8 manifolds I have. That has been my plan up until today.

How about JBA shorties, $339 delivered. I put these on my 2010 Challenger Heritage and gained 24 RWHP over base line.

Sorry- question was for twister360- said he picked up 24 rwhp with shorties.

Holy smokes did you get it tuned as well?

NO

That was an increase of 24 over base from the factory.

Since then I have added 91 octane tune by Predator, 180* thermostat, Arrington CAI, and Blastin Bob resonator eliminators.

total 348RWHP on 5.7 6 speed R/T Classic B-5 Challenger.

-
Back