Any martial artist

-

DART340

Reaction score
I am will be testing for my 2nd degree in December, hopefully things go good.

Oooffff, go for it!

What is it your taking?

Hopefully you do better than these guys. I couldn't resist.[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_NQCTbvRnM&feature=related"]YouTube - Afro Ninja 2[/ame]

Tae Kwon Do, I teach at our church also, I was with ATA since I was 14, now me and my wife do it as a ministry for kids, try and give them something to do instead of running the streets

That is what I took as a kid. (14 - 15 yo) Loved it. Only recently, I have not been able to do a split or a back flip. Gettin stiff in my (Almost) old age. LOL! I absoultely loved it.

I think I'm kinda gettin old too, I'm 49, but still kickin.

Me in 1972-73

3929700481_18e01b8def_z.jpg

The San Fernando Valley was all about Karate in the 70's

The last tournament I competed in

The Pan American open

3942005967_e55d27f67d.jpg

The precursor to the Pan Am Games​

I'm also a martial artist here. Fourth degree BB in Okinawan Shorin Ryu under Tadashi Yamashita... Lets see the villian from the chuck norris movie "the octagon" also was a fight choreagrapher for the movie enter the dragon.

Also studied Brazillian Jiu Jitsu under Carlson Gracie Sr. Quit doing that after he passed back in 05 or 06... both are always a great way to spend your time wisely and a ton of fun to boot

Awesome Machineman, my wife and I are both 2009 Florida State champs. I doubt I will compete again until I am 50 and in the next division. My chief instructor is Chief master William Clark also known as Bill Balls Clark

i will kick all you guys butts except the guy from fla hes to close to my keyboard lol

Ha ha ha ha, I love it. Great sense of humor my man!

In truth, I tell everyone they can kick my *** no problem, (Then there balls grow bigger) heck, even my 8 year old can kick my ***. (Then they laff) Great issue disolver and it brings most everyone back to earth.

LOL, I'm no tuff guy, but I tell ya, it was absouletly a great way to spend time. I can only echo the above!

Awesome Machineman, my wife and I are both 2009 Florida State champs. I doubt I will compete again until I am 50 and in the next division. My chief instructor is Chief master William Clark also known as Bill Balls Clark

Very Cool!

I started training at "Master Young Ik Suh's Tae Kwon Do" in Burbank,CA. when I was 16.

So there is no misunderstanding, this was not at all like the Sport TKD that is so prevalent today.

Plenty of hand strikes above the shoulders, elbows, knees,... all the good stuff.

Traditional TKD is the Martial Art Korean military servicemen
are trained in.
No surprise there, it is taught in the schools and is a popular there, as baseball is here.

No pads, no chest protector, no head gear, the good old days!

From there I went to "Bill Ryuasaki's Ryu Dojo in North Hollywood,CA, the best Kempo school in the Valley.

These were the best days of my life.

Are you in Jax? I think I put the telephone system in Mr Clarks house way down Ft Caroline road. He has a Dojo upstairs that is almost as big as my whole house.

BTW, I studied Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do from Master Mok Yang Kim(British Association of Korean Martial Arts) in England from 1975 to 1977 and Tang Soo Do with Master Song K Pak from 1977 til 1979. Then worked out with my best friend from England who I went to college with also at The Citadel from 1979 til 1981. He was a 2nd degree from the same school with Master Kim.

I'm 49 too, but slap wore out.................lol

Yes, I live in MIddleburg, right near Jax. You wouldn't be the one that lives off Tynes blvd. Me and my son were out Halloween night and saw a dart that looks just like yours over near Tynes

No, I live in Country Creek behind Famous Amos on Normandy. My convertible has not been on the road since mid 2009. You may have seen my gold Dart sometime earlier this year. I'm guessing you know Glen and Dana Warfel over there in south OP.

rumblefish you are the man and your sidekick to very handsome pair ,you are truly blessed

LOL, IDK how I deserve that, but I'll take with a big thank you on behalf of myself and my sidekick. He is such a lil'man, it's a trip! We like to wrestle around and throw kicks at each other. I teach him what I know. (Not much ha ha ha)

I also have a gang foreman I just get along with swimingly. He's going for his 3rd or 4th degree black belt in ju-jitsu later this month. He has shown me some simple stuff that is most effective in close quarters.

He said I needed it with a hardy LOL cause I'm a kicker and a brawler. AKA, lots of knowleadge, no sense with a hard head. (Still can't spell though)

Any ways, back to my son. I teach him that as well. I gotta tell ya, some grip on that kid. I'm about ready to give him the stuck jars to open. My old beat up hands are about ready for a wheel chair.

Yeah, I've known them for awhile. Do you ever go to the cruise ins? Hopefully I will be going to the one this saturday at the kmart near 103rd on blanding blvd

I didnt know they were doing it there. last few times I've seen anything has been at the Kmart at Normandy and 295. Its doubtful I'll have a car ready to roll by then but I may show up in my weekend driver. What car do you have and I'll try to track you down?

-Bill-

-
Back