any mountain bikers here?

-

bayyum

Reaction score
I'm, kind of a mountain biker, not really anything hardcore, just wondering if anyone else here bikes, i ride an 2001 lenz sport prototype with 07 junior T's and fox vanilla RC rear suspension,

2005 S-Works Enduro here with some aftermarket stuff on it. Don't get to ride as much lately though.

Tom
car116om7.jpg

drool, nice bike you have there, i'll get a picture of mine later today, when i go pick it up from th repair shop,

got a few both 7000 aluminum frames one shimano XT with slicks my G.P. (general purpose)
and a full suspension carbon fiber swing arm XT XTR mix knobby tires for when I feel like hitting the trails
also got a few full campy road bikes but dont ride them to much any more

We love to ride and hit the trails when ever we can. The little one rips on her strider, I have a Santa Cruz VP free and my wife rides a Norco Wolverine.

CJ+bikes.JPG

i kinda moutain bike i have a 2003 raleigh M8000 delux all decked out disc brakes custom tires and rims etc... they sold new for 2000 dont ride much any more though

drool, nice bike you have there, i'll get a picture of mine later today, when i go pick it up from th repair shop,

Thanks, I did some Electrical work for a local Bike Shop and worked out a trade of sorts, there is over 6K worth of bike there, thankfully I haven't been able to do too much damage to it. I don't ride it easy.LOL I was always warping rims and blowing out shocks doing some medium sized drops(6' or less). Since I upgraded with this nothing but a broken shock lever on a crazy downhill with one too many roots.....

Tom
XTR
Chris King
Race Face
Thompson
Hope
Carbon fiber stuff everywhere and it's still a tank due to the wheelset and tires. The front shock doesn't help either but I get 6"+ of travel F+R on this pig.:cheers:

i find that race face is the best, and that is some pretty nice parts on your bike too

Dam I love to mountain bike. I live close to the rockies (Calgary) and we go out on day trips all the time. We have a thousand miles of trail some close and through kananaskis country about an hour away.
Even though I'm an old fart I still get out there. I have just over 2100 km or 1200 miles on the bike this year. A lot of those is just going bake and forth to work though.

First year GT, pre triple triangle. This pic is 18 years old. I still have the bike but it is in pieces. Havn't ridden offroad in 10 years.

DSC00017 (Custom).JPG

Dam I love to mountain bike. I live close to the rockies (Calgary) and we go out on day trips all the time. We have a thousand miles of trail some close and through kananaskis country about an hour away.
Even though I'm an old fart I still get out there. I have just over 2100 km or 1200 miles on the bike this year. A lot of those is just going bake and forth to work though.

i am so jealous!

Was planning to take the Cannondale hardtail for a 112 mile ride today but it was only 9 degrees this morning with too much snow on the trail. That will have to wait until next Saturday or maybe even the next one. The wife rides an older Trek 8000. We're mostly roadies but do get a little singletrack in a few times each season

I will be taking one of mine out today for a ride. 8)

This one is my favorite because I built it.

XTR rims and shifters, XT derailers and cassette, Fuji frame, True Vativ stylo crank, Kris king headset, eggbeaters.
I raced it as a single speed for 2 years. Weighed 19.4 lbs with tubes and armor in the tires.8)

It has gears back on it now and is a fat 23lbs.

Garage pics 026.jpg

i used to ride a bit, kinda got out of it since i bought my car, it seems to take up most of my free time. I used to have a pic of it but can't seem to find it, if i come by it i'll post it

First year GT, pre triple triangle. This pic is 18 years old. I still have the bike but it is in pieces. Havn't ridden offroad in 10 years.

Sweet!!

I have 2 GT's also. I will post photos after I ride. :-D

Nice bike 72challorange!!:cheers:

I started on a Trek single track and in 1997 moved up to a full suspension Y bike Gary Fisher Joshua X1. Did some upgrades on the bike and road it for a long time. Several injuries later decided I need to slow down my pace. I sold the bike for $400 two years ago. Just this last summer I decided to do some low key trail riding again... and I mean low key. But I picked up and am restoring a 1990 Klein Pinnacle Fat Tube hard tail It was in really nice condition to start with.. just tuned and added some new stuff. It works great and is on solid bike. Had a buddy that rides professionally ride it and said its just as good as a modern day 1500 dollar hard tail. He said I did good for the whopping price of $125 bux!

-RPM

This got me thinking. I spent some time in the bicycle business and was there for the inception of the mountain bike. Long before suspensions. I remember showing up at a ride with the latest wheelset from specialized called the satarae I believe. Super narrow with quick release, which was unheard of at the time, everybody was telling me they wouldn't hold up. Baaahhhhh!!! I smoked them all.:-D Ahhh good memories.8)

I've got two mountain bikes. My college actually had a class for mountain biking that counted for PE for the general education requirements.

My first adult mountain bike is a Specialized hardrock sport:
06hardrocksport_lg.jpg

It's specialized lowest end bike, but it is a great bike for beginners. I never found a situation where i could ride over obstacles, but because its cheap its heavy.

My new bike/favorite bike is bit more expensive. It's the Gary Fisher Piranha thats one step below their most expensive hard tail. And i got a good deal because its in the ugly color that no one seems to like:
2872382983_4cdf2f14c4.jpg

My only problem with the new bike is that the tires don't work where i ride. I've already rubbed the skin off one of my shins because the front tire slipped out when i was racing downhill at 15-20mph+. Made for an interesting work week.

hardtail ftw. I tooled with the idea of going full suspension but the hardtails are more fun going down hill.

Heck, yeah! I don't ride the mountain bike nearly as much as I do my road bike, though. The road bike just goes so much better with its 700 X 23 wheels and tires. My mountain bike is an old, non-suspended, Columbus-tubed model with Shimano Deore components.

Cycling is how old farts like me can stay in pretty good shape!

Heck, yeah! I don't ride the mountain bike nearly as much as I do my road bike, though. The road bike just goes so much better with its 700 X 23 wheels and tires. My mountain bike is an old, non-suspended, Columbus-tubed model with Shimano Deore components.

Cycling is how old farts like me can stay in pretty good shape!

Hard tail and rigid fork for me, lol, don't off road any more. I am like you Bill. Here is my latest toy after riding a steel Pinarello for 20 years.
This bike is a rocket! Even with the heavy wheels.
16.8 lbs

PDRM0080 (Custom).JPG

I don't take my Kona out nearly as much as I want to, but yes. BMX got too painful so I switched :)

-
Back