Any Musicians in the Mopar house ?

-
Ive been a guitar player for 8 years. My influences are mostly grunge,indie, and alternative rock bands. Mineral,poison the well,bear vs shark,Jawbox,Sunny Day Real Estate,Idaho,Redhouse painters,
American Football.

MY RIG:
72 Orange OR-120 (pix only)
Orange 412 cab
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul faded dc
1980 Martin D28
Various pedals...

Keyboard Player since age 8. Influences are mostly Blues and Classic Rock. My gear currently consists of a Yamaha PF88, Roland U20, Korg Triton LE, Roland E500, Kurzweil X2000., Yamaha YPG225, Yamaha PSR 275, Peavey KBA100.

What do you play?
Electric Bass, Double Bass (stand up bass) Cello, guitar, keyboards, drums, and flute.

How long you been playing?

54 years (started cello lessons at 9 years old)

Influence favorite band's players?
Everyone from Mozart, to Count Basie, to the doowap groups to the Beatles, BS&T, to Led Zep, to casting clowns to iron Maiden.

People:

Gear?
67 Hofner 5001 bass, 68 Gibson EB3, 72 Rick 4001, 2008 Carvin/Fender Home built 5 sting active fretless bass, 1969 Epiphone ET-285 bass. 68 Fender Jazz Bass. 2008 Squire 5 sting, Carlo Giordano Upright bass, Bellafina 510 cello. 1975 Gibson SG Standard guitar, 73 Epiphone 12 string, Estrada Classical guitar, 74 Fender Rhodes 88 Elec. Piano, , Armstrong Nichol Silver Flute, Ludwig 5 Pc set white pearl, 66 Ampeg B15, 68 Sunn 200S, Acoustic B200, Behringer BX4210A, Create BT-220, 68 black face Fender Twin Reverb, and a few other odds and ends.

Dream gear? See above.

What do you play ? Guitar, bass, drums

How long you been playing ? 25 + years

Influence favorite band's players? too hard to answer that on any given day but generally some sort of aggressive rock.

Gear ? '79 Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst; 1983 Marshall JCM 800 100W (2203) modified with EL34 tubes; 1960A 4 x 12 slant cab; 1983 Fender Champ II (Rivera) with pull knob master volume; 2003 Gibson Les Paul Melody Maker worn cherry finish (FOR SALE!); late '60s Fender Bassman cabinet (FOR SALE!) late '70s MXR EQ pedal, ProCo Rat, MXR Distortion +.

Dream gear ? A real deal Marshall Plexi and basket weave cabinet, '58-60 Les Paul Jr. double cut, A real deal Shin-Ei Uni Vibe, early '60s Fender Twin Reverb and the '66 SG I sold about 20 years ago. (One of the great regrets of my life).

Added a pic of myself playing a show, think around '04. I was filling in for my friends band, their guitar player moved away. I no longer have the SG.

Attachments

• 112_1292.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 100
My #1 fan. Steppenwolf groupie.

Attachments

• mike and steady.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 142
What do you play?
Guitar and Bass

How long you been playing?
20 years

Mostly 80s and 90s rock.

Gear?
Marshall JCM900DR, crappy Peavey cabinet, 92 Les Paul Studio, Schecter C1, Washburn Acoustic.

GK800RB, GK212Neo Cabinet, 85 Fender Jazz Special, Fender bass I built from parts,

Dream gear
All of it.

I can't seem to get pics to load ? I wanted to put a pic of my studio keeps saying error or to big ? I tried putting it on zip but it never comes up ?

Attachments

• studio pic.zip
    618 bytes · Views: 111
28 years as a lead guitarist. Seen Charlie Daniels today at a benefit for the Angelus House in Hudson. What a Great Man! The love he showed for the residents was Truly Beautiful!
I play everything from Blues to Metal, Classical to Southern rock
I have played for some signed bands and released my own recordings. Anyone in the area, drop me a line, let's jam!

You have played about the same as me wish we were close we could jam. Chris Olivia was fromFlorida I think ? Sad that he died in 92 great guitar player !

when i was a cub ...my parents made me play the Sitar ....not a familiar thing here but where im originally from its huge....i can play the riff from "paint it black" by the rolling stones ....at least i could last time i tried to play....i dont have a sitar here with me in USA.

my parents also told me to play the bass. i cant read music or anything and played only by watching someone and copying what i saw .......we played songs by tom petty at a little concert (in the pic) that was before my accicent so i was only 15......after the accident i have not done much with it.

only pic i have and not a good one at all hehehe ...only time i ever wore jeans in my life LOL

i have a desire to play something now but when i was a kid i didnt really like it then bcoz i only did it bcoz my parents made me do it. :blackeye:
Rani, you should pic the Bass back up since you are somewhat seasoned at it and could pick up where you left off. Playing music is like turning wrenches. Therapy for the soul.

I have been playing the drums for about 2yrs, self taught I listen to cd's and you tube vids and play along, I have a pearl export kit with 2 extra toms and I have a yamaha DTX 500 electronic kit aswell wish I was better, can;t take lessons yet
My Dream kit I haven;t really been around many kits, but I was just at a News boys concert and the drummer had a sweet DW kit with the subkick thing on one of the kick drum for super low bass... that would work

What do you play ?
How long you been playing ?
Gear ?
Dream gear ?

I have been playing drums since 1977. My first kit was a cheap Apollo blue sparkle that i made into a 7 piece kit, with Remo black dot heads, Remember those..lol

I now have a 6 piece Mapex since 2005.

Attachments

• 100_1105.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 108
Chris Olivia was fromFlorida I think ? Sad that he died in 92 great guitar player ! (Quote from Jimmer) He was not born here , but he made the Bay area his home.
Yes sir! Was Bad ***! Died going to Livestock in Zephyrhills (car wreck) I was there (at livestock) and it wrecked the party mode.
Where is Stanwood?

Stanwood is an hour north of Seattle and about 1. 45 mins south of Vancouver B.C.

Wow. This is great. Played in bands for 20 years on the Jersey Shore circuit. Play guitar. Jimmer, we come from the same time and music. Still listening to Van Halen 1 on the floor in the living room in front of the stereo for the first time. Before that it was Creedence, then Aerosmith, Kiss, Ted and Led Zep. Have bunch of strats, some tells and a Gibson ES 175t which is the rare thin version. Play through modified Zbandmaster and Tremolux amps. Love Marshalls as well had a 71 and 73 heads. Looking at an old Vox now!

:hello1::headbang::rock: Van Halen 1 if I was stuck on an island and could only choose one lp this would be it !! Nice to hear you are cut from the same cloth Scottylack !!

Van Halen I rules The greatest hard rock album of all time in my book...not meta, its hard rock....
metal...thats a whole different story...

-
Back