Any one ever use a Lisle 59000 valve guide tool

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
I found a video of someone using one of these to drill out and install bronze valve guides on the youtube. It appears to have been long discontinued and very hard to find. Anyone use or have one of these things?

IMG_5032.jpeg

IMG_5031.jpeg

That's an oldie. I started in the tool business 30+ year ago and have never seen one. I can't see the photo that well. Are there drills in there and reamers? THat kit might be just for replaceable guides.

I’ve never seen one, but one question I have is what size OD guides is it for?

Looks like there is a core drill and a reamer.
The size of the reamer would dictate what the guide OD would be.

Looks like Lisle recycled the number.
59000 is now some sort of serpentine belt tool.

I’ve never seen one, but one question I have is what size OD guides is it for?

Looks like there is a core drill and a reamer.
The size of the reamer would dictate what the guide OD would be.

Looks like Lisle recycled the number.
59000 is now some sort of serpentine belt tool.
Yep, I'm sure it was discontinued decades ago.

I don’t know much other than what i saw in this video. The drills out a cast iron head and presses in a new guide and reams it to the correct size.

I have a UTP thread master that is similar. Make sure you are centered well. If you are the guide alignment tool will come out easily. Make damn sure the coring bit is sharp and uniform or it will wonder. If you check these things it's not hard to use and does a good job. It is time consuming though.

I don’t know much other than what i saw in this video. The drills out a cast iron head and presses in a new guide and reams it to the correct size.

Nice bronze guide but I bet the valve margins and seats are pounded out after that much slop..

Never used one but I want one hell, Id even setlle for a Knurler right now. A knurled valve guide would last long enough till I kick the bucket... :thumbsup:

Check out Goodsons website to get some ideas on tooling. Lots of great places to buy this stuff from.

-
Back