Any Punk Music people????

-
mullinax95, I F-ing hate the cookie monster crap too. I love bands like TESTAMENT, IRON MAIDEN, DEATH, THE CROWN, DESTRUCTION, CORONER, NAPALM DEATH, ect. hemizach, Ya, they are ok.

:prayer:

I'm a huge LA punk fan. Such an underrated scene, all my favorite bands came from LA. Chiefs, Minutemen, Secret Hate, Germs, Agent Orange, Flesheaters, Vandals, Eyes, Gears, Controllers blah blah blah. Black Flag played in my hometown in the mid '80s and wouldn't you know it, cops shut it down. I ended up standing in a little park with Henry and Greg Ginn just bullshitting with them. Man that was almost 25 years ago! Another little tidbit for you - Adolescents put out a live record recorded at my hometown club in '86 and I was at the show. Aggression opened up. Just an insane night for a 16 year old who's favorite record at the time was Someone Got Their Head Kicked In...

Was just in LA a few weeks ago my friends band Two man Advantage played at DiPiazzas. Nobody there, we're all too old for the kids these days.
i found someone got their head kicked in record at a shop for 5 bux, it says to refuse to pay more guess they didnt wanna argue that haha. i just saw youth brigade play again speaking of BYO records, so so ******* awsome, they live it. everything they said on out of print about never dropping out when they get old there still here. the freeze played last year. im 21 and this music still moves the chemicals in my brain i couldnt even imagine how this felt for all you guys who lived through this in the early and mid 80s. wheres my time machine..i feel lost in my generation, too much distraction, nobody has any anger anymore, F-bomb em

im 21 and this music still moves the chemicals in my brain

Hey, I'm almost twice your age and it still does the same thing to me. I still get out there and get my ya yas out every now and again though I always regret it the next day. It's not something that ever leaves you, it's just kind of less intense when you get older.

Maybe the seeds were planted a long long time ago!!.......

wild,wild,wild,wild,
wild in the streets

in the heat of the summer
better call out a plumber
turn on the steam pipe
cool me off
with your big crime fighters
and your newspaper writers
still need a drugstore
to cure my buzz

wild in the streets,running,running,

Got a '64 valiant, hand full of valiums
couple of beers really do me right
you better believe us, better trust us ,
teenage jive, walking wreck

wild,wild,wild,running wild

got a gang called the wolves
you have to choose
play with the boys
you're bound to lose
a bottle in one hand
a can in the other
don't fool around 'cause they're real
mean mothers

wild,wild,wild,wild,
wild running,running
wild
Mrs. America,how's your favorite son?
do you care just what he's done? no!
wild in the streets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvejuEhJuQ4&feature=related

I'm an old Punk Skater also! I still listen to it. I can't believe there are more of us out there. Awesome thread. Sex Pistols, the Clash. I also didn't see anyone mention Wendy O. Williams and the Plasmatics.

i found someone got their head kicked in record at a shop for 5 bux, it says to refuse to pay more guess they didnt wanna argue that haha. i just saw youth brigade play again speaking of BYO records, so so ******* awsome, they live it. everything they said on out of print about never dropping out when they get old there still here. the freeze played last year. im 21 and this music still moves the chemicals in my brain i couldnt even imagine how this felt for all you guys who lived through this in the early and mid 80s. wheres my time machine..i feel lost in my generation, too much distraction, nobody has any anger anymore, F-bomb em

That reminds me of when I was a roadie in the mid 90's. We played in New York and hung out with Youth Brigade, and sometimes stayed with the Bouncing Souls. Didnt make much money, but by far something I won't ever regret doing.....all the good music and people, just great to experience.

Got another friend in a metal/hardcore band and then another in a heavy metal band and another in a death metal band... these guys are the calmest of the 4
Oh yea, that's my realm of music. Though I do turn it down a few notches and listen to 70's and 80's. Shh...don't tell anyone but I have been known to listen to a little country also.

I used to love the Sex Pistols, but in all honesty. They were the first boy band. Not sure they were really punk. John Lydon (Johnny Rotton) was just and is just an A-hole and John Richie (Sid Vicious) was just a druggie. Thats not punk. Thats just stupidity. They couldn't even play.

There are tons of new age punk or semi punk bands out there that kick the crap out of the pistols.

I'm not much into punk rock. We do have a new female DJ that's into the punk rock scene in California. She's on Monday evenings, and is good friends with T Tex Edwards of the Nervebreakers. One of our other DJ's in on hiatus that is into the same music scene.

<-- punker here.

my likes include
Bad Religion
The Vandals
Fugazi
Any band with Tim Armstrong
Any band with Henry Rollins
Sucidal Tendencies
If its on epitaph records i usually like it.

now i'm leaning towards psychobilly and punky-tonk
Reverend Horton Heat
Horrorpops
Nekromantics
Mad Sin

i do have a soft spot for the rock when i was in highschool
Rage Against the Machine
Alice in Chains
Stone Temple Pilots
Temple of the Dog
Soundgarden

:prayer:

I'm a huge LA punk fan. Such an underrated scene, all my favorite bands came from LA. Chiefs, Minutemen, Secret Hate, Germs, Agent Orange, Flesheaters, Vandals, Eyes, Gears, Controllers blah blah blah. Black Flag played in my hometown in the mid '80s and wouldn't you know it, cops shut it down. I ended up standing in a little park with Henry and Greg Ginn just bullshitting with them. Man that was almost 25 years ago! Another little tidbit for you - Adolescents put out a live record recorded at my hometown club in '86 and I was at the show. Aggression opened up. Just an insane night for a 16 year old who's favorite record at the time was Someone Got Their Head Kicked In...

Was just in LA a few weeks ago my friends band Two man Advantage played at DiPiazzas. Nobody there, we're all too old for the kids these days.
when i come up there and get that bumper i might never leave, punk rock and mopars... thats conversation for hours and hours haha

Maybe the seeds were planted a long long time ago!!.......

wild,wild,wild,wild,
wild in the streets

in the heat of the summer
better call out a plumber
turn on the steam pipe
cool me off
with your big crime fighters
and your newspaper writers
still need a drugstore
to cure my buzz

Got a '64 valiant, hand full of valiums
couple of beers really do me right
you better believe us, better trust us ,
teenage jive, walking wreck

wild,wild,wild,running wild

got a gang called the wolves
you have to choose
play with the boys
you're bound to lose
a bottle in one hand
a can in the other
don't fool around 'cause they're real
mean mothers

wild,wild,wild,wild,
wild running,running
wild
Mrs. America,how's your favorite son?
do you care just what he's done? no!
wild in the streets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvejuEhJuQ4&feature=related
i want to play this so loud that my eardrums explode! that or ill destroy everything in my sight! these computer speakers arent loud enough...

I guess there's no Chicago punkers here or we would surely have seen Naked Raygun come up. Honestly... was there a better band? :supz: Eric Spicer was one of the best drummers in the scene. John Haggerty was brilliant :rock: and Jeff Pizzati was the perfect lanky engaging frontman. Getting the crowd singing along, throwing out "Free $#!+" into the crowd every show... What a blast. What fun.

DK was good, but how much screeching and hollering can you really take from that fricken hippie before you just give up and turn it off? And does everything have to be played with reverb and treble all the way up?

I guess that's why I moved away from most of the punk stuff. Once I got old enough to listen to the lyrics I realized that many of these people I loved to listen to, buy crap from, etc, were basically insulting me and calling me an @$$h0l3. Jello Biafra would go on rants about people who liked to drink beer, watch football, build cool rides and I thought hey... wait a sec. That's me! :thebirdm: Scew you, pal. :thebirdm: Bad Religion was pretty much the same way. I guess that's what separates good punk from bad. Good punk had a point. It had a message. Unfortunately, I pretty much 100% disagree with that message in most cases. Still... There's some good punk that doesn't spend all its time insulting you. That's where bands like Circle Jerks, Dayglo Abortions, Naked Raygun Naked Raygun and Naked Raygun come in. :D

this is the beginnings of pop punk, but not as bad as green day=commie rock garbage
I quit buying newer records after this album and just kept to the earlier stuff.
Nice drum beat though and who say's nofx was the fastest...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynnCN7EJgN8"]YouTube - Lagwagon - Bye For Now[/ame]

No mention of the early sounds ??

MC5 !
Stooges !
Velvet Underground !
13th Floor Elevators !
Fugs !
Sonics !
Up !

"Garage Rock" ( 60's , typically one hit wonder bands ) is where most of the sound came from originally , whether it's American or Brit .

Iggy Pop's solo career
Lou Reed's solo career ( Metal Machine Music ! )
The Damned
The Cure

Death Rock
Christian Death ( ROZZ era only !! )
Shadow Project
Specimen
Alien Sex Fiend

How about some Men's Recovery Project !

too much to list ... I'm predominately into the 60's sounds ( first bands listed ) , but I like everything ...
... including RAP ( at least the early sound , circa '79 ).

As an artist ( visual ) I cannot discriminate against creativity :rr: <----- Rob Tyner R.I.P.

My favourite punk movie : Suburbia ( the original from c.1983 ) . It was filmed by where I used to live ...
and I knew some of the squatters that really lived there in 'real' life .

OHHHH MYYY GGAAAWWWDD!!!!!.....I wanna thank all you muthuh fuggahs a million times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F-bomb yeaaaaaaahhhh!!!! Got me sooo fired up!.....lol...

Seriously, we need a "thanks" button on dis muh fuggin' forum!!! Yeah....who said "Stooges"?

"I'm a street-walkin' cheater with a handfull o' napalm".....:cheers:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKYALsp-sIg&feature=related"]IGGY POP and the STOOGES "search and destroy" - YouTube[/ame]

"I've been dirt.....and I don't care"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxYXV2RrwIs"]The Stooges - Dirt - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back