Any retrofit A/C systems for A body?

-

MOPARdefiler

Reaction score
Any retrofit A/C systems for A body? Id like to add A/C to my 68 cuda, as i intend on taking it on power tour next year......with my wife. Id like to know if anyone's added it and where you got your kit/componenents.

Relax, its a non-S 318 car. Im not butchering anything too sacred to add this to my car

Thanks,

Tom

Damn and thats a decent price too. I have spent much more trying to restore the ac in our grand caravan and it still dont work!

I think if my Dart has one luxury this will be it!

hey cool i was just talking about this with someone... you think this would fit my 318 as well as my 383? just a thought.:D

Any retrofit A/C systems for A body? Id like to add A/C to my 68 cuda, as i intend on taking it on power tour next year......with my wife. Id like to know if anyone's added it and where you got your kit/componenents.

Relax, its a non-S 318 car. Im not butchering anything too sacred to add this to my car

Thanks,

Tom

Nostalgic Air Parts did my 66 Barracuda. Complete replacement heater box, uses original controls and looks better than factory.
http://www.nostalgicairparts.com/
CIMG4152.jpg

CIMG4149.jpg

Vintage Air and Classic Auto Air both offer A body kits. You will need to tint the windows for them to be effective in the sun. They are worth the price if you spend time out on a hot highway.

I bought a set-up at Carlisle last year. This is what the compressor and bracket look like real slick, I haven't got around to the rest of it yet. I Think it was Vintage Air. It was $995 and free shipping to my door A special they run at the shows I guess, It included everything compressor, air/heat box,controls,brackets and shipping.

Attachments

• 318 engine 003.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 455
Vintage Air all the way.. I bought my kit at the Turkey Run two years ago $950 w/ chrome compressor,condenser, brackets, hoses, etc. The only thing I did was put a bulkhead connector plate in the firewall (bought from Vintage Air) and had to buy a couple of different angle fittings. Works great!!

I just ordered a set up from Classic for my 318 73 Duster. I am making a custom dash so ordered in-dash vents from them and their brushed stainless controls instead of using the stock controls. Everything is still in the box, but I hope to start installing it this weekend. I am sure I will post pics here as I go.

I've have a Vintage air unit in my Signet for the past 25 years complete using the stock defrosters

You will need to tint the windows for them to be effective in the sun.

The Vintage Air unit in my '64 Valiant convertible will freeze you out at 100F, and only the windshield has a light tint.

I did the classic auto air in my 68 Barracuda convert. Blows 36 degrees, no tint and will make it chilly in the car, but I do have a white int.

Attachments

• cuda motor.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 414
  • 006.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 001.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 409
  • 002.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 003.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 435
Installed a Classic Auto Air kit in mine last year. Wasn't that hard. Had to modify a couple of items on kit to fit my 74 because the kit is designed for a 72 and down. Only had a couple of issues with the kit, but they took care of them. Works great. Get lots of compliments on looks. On a 95 degree Kentucky day, it will blow about 38 out the center vents. Anything else you need to know, just let me know.

-
Back