Any thoughts on P4876310 large port commando head?

-

dstemmerman

1972 Dart Swinger Denver
Reaction score
Found a great deal on some, what I believe to be, large port commando heads Mopar #P4876310. They look like an aluminum offset rocker W2 type head. I have tried to research these but can't find much on them. Any thoughts on making them flow around 300 cfm for a 408 street/strip 500+ hp setup? They look like an older casting, but if they work and flow than I may jump on them.

Thanks FABO!

There to pricey. Ryan Johnson, AKA, Shadydell speed shop has ported them before. He has there flow numbers on his site. If you can get them cheap enough.....

Thanks for the input Rob. I was hoping someone who owned a pair might chime in. I found them for $550 a pair which seems dirt cheep.

Thanks for the input Rob. I was hoping someone who owned a pair might chime in. I found them for $550 a pair which seems dirt cheep.

That is a smoking good price.

I waited a long time myself on heads. I scored a set of W5's for $500 a head bare. They ported out nicely. Just not as far as I wanted them to. The draw back to the MoPar head is rocker set up. Being that they were bare afforded me some room to spend and equip as needed/wanted.

Run them. I think you'll like them.

-
Back