Any thoughts on what my Demon might be worth?

-

valiantwagon

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Demon Sizzler. It is a roller, no motor or transmission (was a 318/auto), and is a full project. It has minimal rust (has a spot under the battery). The car is very straight, all glass is good as well as the grill and tail lights. It was B5 blue from the factory (have not seen any this color before in a Sizzler). Interior needs a complete re-do. All info is verified on the fender tag. I have a good title for the car.

Any thoughts on it's value?

Thanks!

No picture, no price since it can vari widley and wildly.

Here is a breakdown of the fender tag, will try and get a picture or two posted when I get home tonight.

LL29:
Dodge Dart,Demon
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop

G1E: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Los Angeles, CA, USA

149309: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
GB5: Bright Blue Poly Exterior Color
M1B7: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Unknown, Blue
GB7: Dark Blue Poly Int. Door Frames
402: Build Date: April 02
213141: Order number

CB5: Bright Blue Poly Top Color
U: USA Specifications
A59: Sizzler Package
G36: OS Dual Racing Mirrors
J55: Undercoating with Hood Pad
M21: Roof drip rail moldings

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V21: Performance Hood Treatment
V8W: Tranverse Stripes, White
END: End of Sales Codes

Cool! Pictures are worth a lot. Worded descriptions are a big variable. Aot is in the beholders eye.

Gotta buddy with a 71 in his garage, got It from his Dad, needs a full resto, has zero rust, no bodywork ever,.... he wants 8 large,..a bit steep I'd say. $2-$3 k is not unheard of

Cant say on up there where you live. May be worth more up there than down here. Here I would say 500-1000.

if you are getting ideas for a price to sell it, i just bought a 72 duster twister with a59 hood treatment, full roller, few rust spots for 1,100.00

also, if/when you put pics, and decide to sell, i am in the market for a roller. thanks

I would think $1500-$2000 (on the high-end) dependent upon on WHO'S looking to buy at the same time.

Spring, I have found, is a great time to sell. I always thought Fall was because of the 'Winter Thrash', but here's a shocker: only racer's and true-grit planner's wrench and weld over Winter. You're average car guy hates cold garages.

You can easily spend a few thousand $$ in replacement metal and repairs with a rusty car. If it really has no rust and is straight it has to be worth at least $2k. Forgive my skepticism as I've looked at a few cars over the years (and some lately) that supposedly weren't rusty.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• Demon006.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 198
  • Demon007.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 183
id take 10 of them for 1700.00 each all day long.

Missing my galsses....that is paint or primer?

You should be able to sell it for a decent price. 2g plus around here, right coast extreme.

It's hard to tell from just the 2 pics but it appears to be in about the same shape my 72 was when I bought it and I paid $2500 back a few years when the prices were higher.

Jack

-
Back