Any Tiger Woods Fans?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I see Tiger Woods is getting all the press again, even though he is losing the match. I wonder why the media focuses on him, rather than the leaders in the tournament?

He is the draw when in a tourney. Even when not making the weekend cut, thurs/fri coverage is all over him. Stupid. Viewership is up when he his in the tourney. That = money for the broadcasters. Many of whom will bend over and take whatever tiger will give them!

I don't like him much and it has nothing to do with his wandering johnson.

Rather watch the LPGA.

I have been sick and bedridden a bit and I watch tons of golf, way too much. These guys donate millions to charity and help kids and the sick all over the world. They don't complain, and they aren't thugs or wife-beaters. One of the few pro sports I'll watch anymore.

The Masters is easily my favorite...
The sun is shining, birds chirping, flowers blooming at the most beautiful course on the planet. Watching the Masters is a completely relaxing and gratifying experience for me. I actually have taken off work to watch it.

The reason Woods is watched is because he was a golf magician in his prime. The golfing world wants to see that magic again. There was no close second to him and he annihilated anyone in his way. And he is an American. Also folks want to see if he can overcome back injury. His swing was so explosive that back injury was imminent. This is the trend in golf right now...guys are driving the little white ball farther than ever, sacrificing their bodies. Woods is like a test subject and younger golfers may get a view of their physical future from keeping an eye on him.

No. Chi Chi Rodriguez maybe, he would draw his putter out like a sword when he sank a put. He looked like he was having fun. Tiger is ice cold.

No. Chi Chi Rodriguez maybe, he would draw his putter out like a sword when he sank a put. He looked like he was having fun. Tiger is ice cold.
Chi Chi was the exception to the rule.
It's a rare treat when someone breaks a club in half or throws it in the water. :)

I'm a fan. They had record crowns last week when he came up just short. I can't imagine how crazy the crowds will be when he's actually leading on the back nine on a sunday.

Tiger drew people. He was great for the game, greatly increased its popularity. Too bad it can be hard on the body.

Me. I am no golfer, but that's OK. Tiger, his personal life I feel hurt him and the game. But that is his usiness.

The media? Who respects them anymore anyway ?

He was great at golf and bad at life. I have commented about my dislike of his trash and lack of morality, as well as others he sucked in! I dislike him for his personal life but when it comes to Golf, I think it is best when he is pushing the field. I like seeing him challenging again. golf was getting a little boring.

Im in the golf business. Hes great for the game, but hes done as a player, will never win a Major tournament again. He fucked it up screwing around on his beautiful white wife.
That he never deserved. Perfect example of someone with all the money in the world, wanting more.Then blaming the last five years of his game on his back, that took 6 months finally to fix. What a joke in my eyes. Could and should have broke every record Nicklaus had, but his dinky winky was more important........Sad

Im in the golf business. Hes great for the game, but hes done as a player, will never win a Major tournament again. He fucked it up screwing around on his beautiful white wife.
That he never deserved. Perfect example of someone with all the money in the world, wanting more.Then blaming the last five years of his game on his back, that took 6 months finally to fix. What a joke in my eyes. Could and should have broke every record Nicklaus had, but his dinky winky was more important........Sad

I was being polite, No one has ever come back from the surgery he has had done. He is challenging again, and as you know if you can get in the competitors heads there is no telling. I will leave Race out of it and stand on Morality.

I was being polite, No one has ever come back from the surgery he has had done. He is challenging again, and as you know if you can get in the competitors heads there is no telling. I will leave Race out of it and stand on Morality.
Said only real factual info that most people know and are quite surprized of his actions and beyond. And all adds up to what he is left with to contend with in the limelight he once had.
Sorry for the truth........

Man this forum sucks, everyone gets judged using someone's particular version of morality.

Guess I am just wrong according to you, But I am OK with that! To each his own, but it matters to me!

Said only real factual info that most people know and are quite surprized of his actions and beyond. And all adds up to what he is left with to contend with in the limelight he once had.
Sorry for the truth........

Well aware of his antics and totally disapprove. If you are watching, seems the announcers do not care, other than he has been close to wins two weeks in row.

I was a big fan until learning of his cheating. Real Men, if unhappy will dissolve a marriage in the correct manner before cheating on their sworn life long partner.

I still respect what he has done as an athlete golfer and Jack will tell you you the same. I wish Jack was still able to play at a competitive level. Mopar’s and Golf are awesome!

Last edited:
I haven't played a round of golf in 20 years. But I enjoyed watching Tiger when he was on top of his game. We don't know if he was having trouble in his marriage or if he just wanted some strange, and could. He may have thought he was invincible. I certainly would never approve, but I can kinda see why, considering where his career was at the time. Since falling from the top to the bottom, and not laying with his wife, or others, his game suffered.

Hopefully, he's addressing his sins. I've watched him the last two tournaments and he is definitely playing good golf. Had he not hit out of bounds coming down the stretch, he could have won today. He also seemed to be enjoying himself today...smiling a bunch.

I haven't played a round of golf in 20 years. But I enjoyed watching Tiger when he was on top of his game. We don't know if he was having trouble in his marriage or if he just wanted some strange, and could. He may have thought he was invincible. I certainly would never approve, but I can kinda see why, considering where his career was at the time. Since falling from the top to the bottom, and not laying with his wife, or others, his game suffered.

Hopefully, he's addressing his sins. I've watched him the last two tournaments and he is definitely playing good golf. Had he not hit out of bounds coming down the stretch, he could have won today. He also seemed to be enjoying himself today...smiling a bunch.

If you still have your clubs we need to meet halfway and play a round. If anything we can turn some heads while unloading our clubs out of the Fastbacks!:lol:

Im a huge golf fan and enjoy both playing and watching it on TV. I dont feel what he has done in his personal life is any of my business and Im sure we didnt hear all the sides of the reasons but as I said its none of my business.
Im like many here, I get tired of having the TV broadcast and every golf show talk about Tiger every day and he hasnt even won since hes come back. But we cant blame the coverage on Tiger as he doesnt manage the broadcasting and what they show.
Im not a Tiger fan. I hope he doesnt win again. I root against him every time hes on TV. But I respect his ability to play the game. So far this year I think we are seeing a different from old Tiger. He is smiling and laughing. His interviews have been personable compare to his past interviews. So maybe his last 5 years have made him more humble.
Golf is a great sport. He has done so much for the game thru his reputation. Not sure how much he actually has done for the game on his own but the TV coverage wants to make him the King of Golf one more time. But again thats not his fault and he handles it extremely well!
Rod

Man this forum sucks, everyone gets judged using someone's particular version of morality.

That's because everybody has a different opinion. Suck it up buttercup and get over it. nobody wants to hear your whinin either.

Tiger had a great round going today. Had he made the birdie put on 15, it would've been interesting. Being tied for the lead probably would've put some unique pressure on the others. But 66fyssh is right- had he not hit it OB on 16, he would've had a great shot at winning. It's only a matter of time at this point.

On a side note, I wonder how many guys on this site have cheated on their wives.... LOL Probably too many to count.

Woods, IMO is a perfect example of thug life. Screwing everything in sight, while being married to a beautiful woman, having it all and throwing it away. Drugs, prostitutes, **** stars.....the total epitome of thug life. Anyone who thinks differently hasn't a clue. I feel sorry for his father. Put all that work and time in, only to end up with a son who disgraced everything he ever stood for. I am glad he's not of this earth anymore.

I have been sick and bedridden a bit and I watch tons of golf, way too much. These guys donate millions to charity and help kids and the sick all over the world. They don't complain, and they aren't thugs or wife-beaters. One of the few pro sports I'll watch anymore.

The Masters is easily my favorite...
The sun is shining, birds chirping, flowers blooming at the most beautiful course on the planet. Watching the Masters is a completely relaxing and gratifying experience for me. I actually have taken off work to watch it.

The reason Woods is watched is because he was a golf magician in his prime. The golfing world wants to see that magic again. There was no close second to him and he annihilated anyone in his way. And he is an American. Also folks want to see if he can overcome back injury. His swing was so explosive that back injury was imminent. This is the trend in golf right now...guys are driving the little white ball farther than ever, sacrificing their bodies. Woods is like a test subject and younger golfers may get a view of their physical future from keeping an eye on him.

-
Back