any tubbed Barracuda's?

-

moparsegura

moparmaster
Reaction score
well I finally got the Interior all out and about ready to start painting it. before I do I would like to tub the car, it's not gonna be a drag car. I wanna do it just for looks. I want the fatest tire I can stuff in there. I thought I was happy with the 275/60/15's but that was untill I seen a full tubbed drag barracuda. any way, do any of you guys have and pics or recomendations on how to do it. I'm dead set on tubbing it, just wanna make sure I do it as close to right as i can. The blue Duster is my Drag car, I got it already tubbed and now want a tire as fat as the one on it, on the Cuda.

backcuda.JPG

backduster.JPG

cudaandduster.JPG

I have a fastback 67 cuda and I just don't believe I have seen any tubed out because it will make the cargo area panels where they won't fit. Now that doesn't mean it can't be done. Just I have not seen any.

yea, I know what ya mean, I don't think that's a super popular car to tub out. there is zero rust anywhere on the car and I should probably leave it alone but it looks to sweet with super fat tires under there. I just gotta chop it up. I'm sure some hardcore barracuda guy out there is gonna kill me after though

If you mini tub it you can easily get a 15" wide section width in there. May be able to go even wider. I had 325-50-15s on mine before mini tubbing it.

IM0009932.sized.jpg

IM000285.jpg

yea, I know what ya mean, I don't think that's a super popular car to tub out. there is zero rust anywhere on the car and I should probably leave it alone but it looks to sweet with super fat tires under there. I just gotta chop it up. I'm sure some hardcore barracuda guy out there is gonna kill me after though

If you tub it out you always make some larger panels and cover them in carpet. I assume you will install a roll cage also. LOL

If you mini tub it you can easily get a 15" wide section width in there. May be able to go even wider. I had 325-50-15s on mine before mini tubbing it.

I think he means TUBBED like that Duster.. LOL!

Your mini tub looked good Adam.

yea the red barracuda is sweet, I am gonna cut around the original back panels and let let wheel tubbes poke through, then maybe cover whatever is poking through with carpet.

yea the red barracuda is sweet, I am gonna cut around the original back panels and let let wheel tubbes poke through, then maybe cover whatever is poking through with carpet.

That's a great idea because it will be less noticeable.

I have a spring relo. kit, just haven't had the need to use it. I also have to 15 in. wide wheels new just like the ones on the car that i wanna put some Mickey's on and under there. I just want it all to fit in the wheel housing and not looks like a 80's hot rod where the use to jack them up and put big tires on that stuck way out. I don't care how noticeable the wheel tubs are, it's just gonna be a poser. not a super fast car. but a decent 408 stroker outta make it do a little.

-
Back