Any way to refresh white vinyl?

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
So yesterday I was looking over a very nice original old Fury convertible with vinyl seats. The piping had turned kind of yellow. Got me wondering if there's a way to get it looking nice and white again without detracting from the originality of the car.

That's UV sun damage and age, re-dye or re-place....
Try Mr Clean Magic eraser on white to clean, works great on convert tops ETC. But yellowing, that's toasted!

I'm interested in seeing some of the replies on this. I know magic eraser works really well for cleaning the interior of our cars. I'm just not sure if it can bring life back to white.

Boys and Squirrels believe it or not (wait for it, WAIT FOR IT...) Wesley's Bleche White + a toothbrush works GREAT. Dont overdo it, though...the **** is MEAN, but works.
My first car was a 67 Cuda NotchBack with white interior, that I drove on the street. Loved that white interior.

Boys and Squirrels believe it or not (wait for it, WAIT FOR IT...) Wesley's Bleche White + a toothbrush works GREAT. Dont overdo it, though...the **** is MEAN, but works.
My first car was a 67 Cuda NotchBack with white interior, that I drove on the street. Loved that white interior.

I love it "partsmonsta". I did the exact same thing on my 69' Chevelle.....especially after some hot girls spilled slow gin on the back seat...lol. It worked great!

Attachments

• scan0005.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 129
I don't use anything stronger than GoJo crème type hand cleaner on vinyl of any color. Strong chemicals will do the same thing to these materials as it will do to your skin.
409, Purple Power, Wesleys, will eat the stitching/thread, then covers come apart at their seams. Maybe you can rinse it enough to dilute/prevent. Good luck

I don't use anything stronger than GoJo crème type hand cleaner on vinyl of any color. Strong chemicals will do the same thing to these materials as it will do to your skin.
409, Purple Power, Wesleys, will eat the stitching/thread, then covers come apart at their seams. Maybe you can rinse it enough to dilute/prevent. Good luck

Good tip on being careful with strong chemicals. When I was a kid I used 409 on the dash of my Mom's Valiant, trying to be helpful, and it removed the lettering, Oops.

-
Back