any way to tell what CID it is

-

jwilson13b

Reaction score
I have a 73 duster:cheers:. It is an H code car that someone shoe horned a Big Block into:shock:. I do know it a Big Block. But is there a way to tell the B and RB from each other with out yankin the motor. I thought there was a pad or somthin tellin the CID:banghead:.

thanks

The year and CID is stamped on the block below the head. Cant remember what side though. I know it is easyer to see with the car jacked up from under neath.

look near the distributor. If there is a flat pad it's a 413-440. The numbers stamped in the pad should tell you displacement. Most likely a 440 if it has this pad.

If no pad is there and there is one near the drivers head, 383-400 most likely.

Casting numbers on the side of the block would tell you as well.

On the driver's side on the top of the waterpump area of the block... Just in front of the flat bar that holds the intake gasket down... Is there a rectangular pad? If there is a pad, it's RB, and you can scrape the pad to see what's stamped in it as mentionned. If there's no pad, it's a B, and the stampings are on a flat surface hidden under the distributor.

Sweet i found the CID its a 400. Maybe if the mopar gods shine their light upon me its a 451. One can dream cant he. Anyway There is another number near its L 77 i think. is this the year? and are 400's any good to trick out, I know alot of trucks came with them. i know alot of you will say you have the block get the crank (451) im looking at both options. What all is involved in the 451
thanks

The cheapest and easiest way to go is the 440Source B wedge 3.75 stroke crank and whatever flat top pistons you like.

The cheapest and easiest way to go is the 440Source B wedge 3.75 stroke crank and whatever flat top pistons you like.

cheaper would be to look on ebarf and buy the same crank for a 100 less , then that 100 can go toward having the journals cut to fix the fluck up ...

-
Back