Anybody deal with member "Ronni"

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at buying a heater box from Ronni, but he won't take Paypal. He would like a money order instead.

He says, concerning Paypal: "I had an issue with them a few years back concerning my money. Everyone I have dealt with on abody's mail money orders to me. Check and see if any of them have complained. Not one! Your choice!"

I am concerned because money orders don't carry any kind of protection, Paypal does and he only has 31 posts. I do see that he has sold some stuff, just wondering if anyone has dealt with him. I hope I am not crossing a line here, I just want to be sure before I send the money through the mail.

Thanks, Everyone.

USPS Money Orders carry some protection....the fact that the USPS takes a very active interest in mail fraud using it's money orders and shipping services, and WILL prosecute.
This is more than you can say for WalMart or any other generic MO....
That won't necessarily help you get your $$ back if you get scammed.
Other than that, no available info on Ronni including a zero feedback score. I might question the fact that if "Everyone I have dealt with on abody's mail money orders to me". why there is no feedback showing a positive rating...or any rating at all? Wish I could help more but that's all I've got.

USPS Money Orders carry some protection....the fact that the USPS takes a very active interest in mail fraud using it's money orders and shipping services, and WILL prosecute.
This is more than you can say for WalMart or any other generic MO....
That won't necessarily help you get your $$ back if you get scammed.
Other than that, no available info on Ronni including a zero feedback score. I might question the fact that if "Everyone I have dealt with on abody's mail money orders to me.[COLOR] why there is no feedback showing a positive rating? Wish I could help more but that's all I've got.

Really appreciate your response. I will find a tactful way of saying "Why no feedback score"

I replied to his last email with:

"I checked out your Abody profile and you have only had 31 posts and zero feedback. Sorry for my hesitation, with so many scammers out there you can't be sure."

His Reply:

"I understand and I agree. Thanks anyway!"

I guess I won't be purchasing the box... It makes me wonder why he didn't reference someone that had bought stuff from him, that's what I would have done.

Anybody got a 73+ Heater box? I only need the box, no core or blower motor.

Why not search post he's started and see who he's sold parts. Send those people a PM and ask.

If you are talking about ronni from Huston TX yea I have bought from him. Good guy to deal with it just so happened his brother comes through where I live often so his brother just brought the parts to me.

If you are talking about ronni from Huston TX yea I have bought from him. Good guy to deal with it just so happened his brother comes through where I live often so his brother just brought the parts to me.

Appreciate your response. Did you send the money before he came and dropped off the parts or did you pay his brother?

I paid his brother I got a good feeling from him I might even still have his phone number. I would do business with him again though

I paid his brother I got a good feeling from him I might even still have his phone number. I would do business with him again though

I feel good about the parts, no doubt. He has sent me a ton of pictures, I just don't like the idea of sending money through the mail. He said that's how he does all of his selling. Just trying to find someone that sent a money order and how that transaction went.

FWIW...I've bought and sold plenty of parts on other forums using MO's and was fortunate enough to never get scammed. Having said that, now that I have PayPal, I wouldn't use a MO unless there were no other alternative. I know plenty of others that have been screwed royal and there is little or no recourse.
In the end, it's your choice...and your risk.

FWIW...I've bought and sold plenty of parts on other forums using MO's and was fortunate enough to never get scammed. Having said that, now that I have PayPal, I wouldn't use a MO unless there were no other alternative. I know plenty of others that have been screwed royal and there is little or no recourse.
In the end, it's your choice...and your risk.

Thanks for this. The risk is what I am really trying to decide on. I haven't had one bad experience on this forum, selling or buying. Like they say, it only takes one...

This is one reason I keep advocating using the feedback system, both buyer AND seller. If the guy has sold lots of parts, he should have lots of feedback. Just sayin'...

I have bought parts from Ronni in the past, he ships fast and packs his stuff well. I did a thread a while back about him if you want to read some responses about him it is entitled "good member seller" you will see my thoughts about him along with other members who have purchased things from him. Hope this helps you to make up your mind, Ronni is a good member.
Bob

I have bought parts from Ronni in the past, he ships fast and packs his stuff well. I did a thread a while back about him if you want to read some responses about him it is entitled "good member seller" you will see my thoughts about him along with other members who have purchased things from him. Hope this helps you to make up your mind, Ronni is a good member.
Bob

This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, Bob. I am going to pull the trigger, I will let you all know how it turns out.

Michael

This is one reason I keep advocating using the feedback system, both buyer AND seller. If the guy has sold lots of parts, he should have lots of feedback. Just sayin'...

Not everyone will leave feedback. I've sent many out that have not been "returned"...

And I've given negative feedback once, and it was "taken away"....

It's not a flawless system...

Not everyone will leave feedback. I've sent many out that have not been "returned"...

And I've given negative feedback once, and it was "taken away"....

It's not a flawless system...

i cant count the deals ive done where ive left feedback and got zilch in return , even after I asked them to.

every deal I have done here has been cash through the mail. ive never had a deal go bad. ive even sent money to guys with less than 10 posts.

i cant count the deals ive done where ive left feedback and got zilch in return , even after I asked them to.

every deal I have done here has been cash through the mail. ive never had a deal go bad. ive even sent money to guys with less than 10 posts.

Yep, me too...

Anyone know how to leave feedback?

That's a good question! I sent a money order a few days ago to fishy68 for a timing set. I got my parts as described and was very well packaged ! Top rated member. Thank you Tracy. No dealings with the member in question though.

Anyone know how to leave feedback?

Yep.
1) Click on the username
2) Click the tab marked "FEEDBACK SCORE" (this will also let you read the feedback rating and comments of others)
3) In the ITrader Profile select "Submit Feedback For XXXXX"
4) Follow the instructions. Note: You will need to know your transaction number (the post number of the for sale ad) so before you do this, go to the ad and highlight/ click COPY the post info in your browser bar and COPY into the "Deal URL" box.

I STRONGLY recommend you do not leave feedback if you are the buyer UNTIL THE SELLER HAS LEFT FEEDBACK FOR YOU! The seller gets the money first; the onus is on him to report a satisfactory sale. After that, it's YOUR responsibility to do your part and follow up with feedback on the purchase as the buyer. Sometimes it takes several PM's to get a guy to leave feedback once he's received his money...that's OK! Make it clear that you will return the favor once feedback is left for you...and then make good on your word. Money changes hands before parts; feedback needs to follow the same path.
Plumkrazee, if you are happy with the transaction make sure you leave feedback for Ronni so he can avoid this in the future!!!! And vice-versa for Ronni....

Yep.
1) Click on the username
2) Click the tab marked "FEEDBACK SCORE" (this will also let you read the feedback rating and comments of others)
3) In the ITrader Profile select "Submit Feedback For XXXXX"
4) Follow the instructions. Note: You will need to know your transaction number (the post number of the for sale ad) so before you do this, go to the ad and highlight/ click COPY the post info in your browser bar and COPY into the "Deal URL" box.

I STRONGLY recommend you do not leave feedback if you are the buyer UNTIL THE SELLER HAS LEFT FEEDBACK FOR YOU! The seller gets the money first; the onus is on him to report a satisfactory sale. After that, it's YOUR responsibility to do your part and follow up with feedback on the purchase as the buyer. Sometimes it takes several PM's to get a guy to leave feedback once he's received his money...that's OK! Make it clear that you will return the favor once feedback is left for you...and then make good on your word. Money changes hands before parts; feedback needs to follow the same path.
Plumkrazee, if you are happy with the transaction make sure you leave feedback for Ronni so he can avoid this in the future!!!! And vice-versa for Ronni....

Great advice

I don't know what kind of protection you get from PayPal (and I did over $22k through them last year).
I bought a die-cast Ford Thunderbolt through eBay/PayPal for $100. Never received item. Filed a claim
through PayPal and after investigating they said that the scofflaw didn't have enough money in his
account to get me a refund so I was S.O.L.

I'm out the $100.00 and that was the end of the story.

-
Back