Anybody gonna watch today’s NASCAR race

-
I miss Heidelberg

Never been there but then again I haven’t been to many dirt tracks. When we camped outside Mercer years ago sitting around our campfire at night we could here both the dirt track and drag strip. That was cool.

Is Motordrone still around? We used to run endurance cars out there when I was in high school.

Nascar really had nowhere to go but down. They did an amazing job of advertising, competition. And where they kicked NHRA's ***? Was their support to smaller local track events. But it's hard to maintain that level of dominance. It builds superstars. And with that? Comes superstar egos. And egos kill. With any business efforts.

Hmmm. I’m not sure. One track got sued because some drunk idiot poured gas on a fire and burnt himself up.
Looked it up, Motordrome was West Moreland county. Was dirt when we went there, but guess they paved it at sometime. Closed now.

The Yuppies gave NASCAR a needed boost years ago but that crowd bores easily. You can only drink so much wine in that environment till they burned themselves out. Funny thing is that crowd pushed the long time viewer away.

Heidelburg was asphalt. Ive read they had drag racing on the straight away before PID opened. That was before my time. I grew up a couple miles away, Dormont. We rode our bikes down and sat on the hillside.

The whole chase format is supposed to be like the playoffs in the ball sports. What a crock of ****. Seems more like a participation trophy thing.

Looked it up, Motordrome was West Moreland county. Was dirt when we went there, but guess they paved it at sometime. Closed now.

Motordrome is where you said you were going.
But, you always ended up at Filly Corral.

1a8de09f9050f38b8e3140f1592d4213.jpg

I stopped watching NASCAR after Mopar pulled out this last time. I may watch a few laps here and there but, not a whole race. I have watched a couple of these heat races today and, its pretty good. Short tracks is where it's at!! I think I might watch a little of the main event.

Watching the race now, would be more interesting with fewer car and dirt.
Turn right to go left

Looks like mustangs and Cameros are not ready for the big league

70 in the streight 40 in the corner. That's an average day on the 405!

So you don’t do anything else on Sunday except church and pray. If so I’m impressed.
No, I had to change the oil on my truck, check out my wife's car. (Now that most of the snow is melting) but yes, church, pray, and bible study afterwards with my neighbor. A few hours a week & more studying Tuesday nights. I personally could use it everyday lol

No, I won't be watching. I lost interest back in the days when Harry Gant quit racing in the day and hanging sheet rock that night.

My man from Ct. won!

Race was pretty good. Reminded me a lot of racing at Martinsville.

They could have skipped the "music". But I'm an old fart and not the "demographic" they are trying to attract.
New cars are cool. They couldn't keep running '60s technology forever.

I've been a big fan since the '70s and I still like the sport, although you need to ignore the Bubba Wallace hype. Everyone knows why they focus on him. I just ignore that and all the other "woke" crap.

Anyone else notice that Penske's cars (12, 2, 22) had "chrome" wheels, while everyone else's are a dull graphite color?

-
Back