Anybody Got Any Experience With These Cats?

-
Tell him to go ahead and buy it and send it to me and I'll test it out for him..
I'll come back out here with a full report...:D
Oh yeah and before you say it I'm going to say it first.. DUMMY... LOL...

Everything is listed as having Magnum heads the LA's and the Magnum long blocks. The LA's are listed as roller block and I don't believe that they have so many of those roller blocks just laying around so I'm assuming their Magnum short block as well.
I see where 6350 get you a 360 but 6650 gets you a 408... only a $300 difference.
I also see on these $6,500 long blocks that if you just got it has a short block @$2900 ..I guess the heads intake and rocker arms are what costs $3500+ more...?lmao

Seems a little out there, but then again its 2021 and we are playing with vintage 50 yr old toys

Everything is listed as having Magnum heads the LA's and the Magnum long blocks. The LA's are listed as roller block and I don't believe that they have so many of those roller blocks just laying around so I'm assuming their Magnum short block as well.
I see where 6350 get you a 360 but 6650 gets you a 408... only a $300 difference.
I also see on these $6,500 long blocks that if you just got it has a short block @$2900 ..I guess the heads intake and rocker arms are what costs $3500+ more...?lmao

Seems a little out there, but then again its 2021 and we are playing with vintage 50 yr old toys

I thought I linked to the 512 big block crate engine.

Price it out Parts wise and then narrow down what they're asking for their machine work and all that and that'll give you an idea if you're paying a fair price or not. I really like the combo , honestly

He wants me to call and ask some specific questions to see what all they do for valve train geometry, what lifters they use going to solid roller and stuff like "that there".

He wants me to call and ask some specific questions to see what all they do for valve train geometry, what lifters they use going to solid roller and stuff like "that there".
What car is this going into?
I think people set there spring up wrong or use the wrong ones with mopar solid roller stuff mostly. If they bounce, ouch. Wrong lash too, wrong ends.

Last edited:
What car is this going into?
I think people set there spring up wrong or use the wrong ones with mopar solid roller stuff mostly. If they bounce, ouch. Wrong lash too, wrong ends.

PM sent.

I noticed the big blurb is for a 512, but with the 4.15 crank they mention, it would be a 499/500.
Still, finding out anybody offers a bbm crate motor, surprises me!

I noticed the big blurb is for a 512, but with the 4.15 crank they mention, it would be a 499/500.
Still, finding out anybody offers a bbm crate motor, surprises me!

That's probably a misprint, since they offer the other engines as well.

No personal experience but they are popular in the magnum/Dakota world.

-
Back