Anybody know where this goes in engine compartment

-

1974DartSport

Reaction score
I took this splash guard/shield off so long ago that I can't remember where it goes. The car is a 74 Dart Sport. Thanks for your help.

103_1532-1.jpg

103_1531.jpg

I could not ID it by the picture, maybe it's too clean & shiney...
Is this a piece that is specific to Dart Sports? Or only V8 Sports & Dusters? Only on the left frame rail?
Like I said, I couldn't ID it and I have '72 & '75 Dusters that I have torn apart. And it goes around the tie rod ends?
This is not the plastic piece that goes over the strut rod is it?
Thx,
C

Looks like the shield that goes on the left front frame rail to keep the road spray and crud from getting on the starter, at least that is where the one is on my sons' 69 barracuda.

Goes on the bottom of K-Member arround tie rod ends where the cut out is.

You are absolutely correct. Last night I installed this piece on the left (driver) side frame rail. There were three holes which corresponded with the holes in the piece, and the cut out piece went around the tie rod ends just to the left of the pittman arm. Thank you for your assistance.

Could you post a pic, please. What is the purpose of this piece?
Thanks,
C

Here are two pictures taken from just behind the driver front tire. I'm looking at the driver side frame rail. I assume this piece is to prevent road spray from the driver front tire from splashing up into the engine compartment near the tail pipe coming out of the exhaust manifold, and off the tie rod and ball joint.

103_1700.jpg

103_1701.jpg

-
Back