anybody order from year one ?????

-

Jims71duster

Reaction score
ordered seat covers,for my buckets and rear bench,,ring pliers and rings all good so far. It shows up at my door in calgary and the is only the pliers and rings in the box. 32.00 value the they hit me with a 20.10 brokerage fee, thats after I paid shipping. Man thats like 68% increase.If its the same for the covers when they get here that will be another 250.00. I'm so pissed right now,,,,what happened to free trade!!!!!!!!!

what is this brokerage fee? i wonder if it has to do with canada? i have ordered about 8 times from year one. been great to deal with no problems here....yes i know i am not from canada. i just added my 2 cents here.

Jims71duster said:
ordered seat covers,for my buckets and rear bench,,ring pliers and rings all good so far. It shows up at my door in calgary and the is only the pliers and rings in the box. 32.00 value the they hit me with a 20.10 brokerage fee, thats after I paid shipping. Man thats like 68% increase.If its the same for the covers when they get here that will be another 250.00. I'm so pissed right now,,,,what happened to free trade!!!!!!!!!

Been there done that! It sucks big time! Double any price (EZ) coming into Canada. Watch out for YearOne & UPS!! Supply depot and UPS deliveries.

If you order more then one part, sometimes they split them up (1 of 2, 2 of 2). If that happens you will pay twice for any delivery or you won't get the parts!! :wack: Just have caution and ask questions first!

I know YO gets their seat covers from Legendary so that may be the delay there. The tools are probably a stock item. I think they also use UPS exclusively who gets a premium for their services when crossing the border. Just like a friend of mine who lives in Hawaii said - it`s the price you pay for living in paradise. Lol

Not to turn this into a bash post, but it seems that every time I needed to order something from them ,it was either on forever back order or they did not carry the part for my car which is understandable since stuff for my car is limited anywhere and hard to find, but I did notice that every time i called, the guys on the phone had Zero people skills and were like talking to men from the precambrian era.

cudaspaz said:
Not to turn this into a bash post, but it seems that every time I needed to order something from them ,it was either on forever back order or they did not carry the part for my car which is understandable since stuff for my car is limited anywhere and hard to find, but I did notice that every time i called, the guys on the phone had Zero people skills and were like talking to men from the precambrian era.

I know what ya mean,,,I bought a set of torsion repair caps from them,,waited 8 weeks to get them,,but when they came I knew why they took so long. THEY HAD TO TRAIN A DAMN MONKEY TO WELD THEM!!! when they came I had to cut them apart and reweld them. Phoned them and told them to save us some time and just sell a pattern for them,,lol they didn't care

Try ultimateperformancecar.com they are in Canada, and can get most of what you may need, no duty, no brokerage!

I have not used them yet, but recieved very competitive quotes in Canadian dollars.

Robb Adams

The brokerage fee is for the courier so you're pretty much stuck with it if you ship into Canada. I have found that more often than not you don't get stuck with it if you use the postal service, problem is most companies inisist on couriers. When I order from the States, I ask them to not ship anything until they can ship the whole order and I try not to order small value items because of that stupid brokerage charge :cussing: For them to ship just the rings and pliers which you could buy at any parts store is inexcusable. You should give them a blast for that. :violent1:

When I ordered all my parts for my car this past fall (4 different vendors all located in the US) I always made my orders over the phone (quoting the part #'s off their website). One of the first questions I always asked was if they could ship USPS instead of UPS. For each item I wanted to order I always asked if it was in stock, if it wasn't, I would not order it from them. UPS packages will always get tagged with brokerage fees that are insane as you found out. USPS pacakges, if tagged by Canada Post with borkerage fees, is always a flat $5CDN and then GST & PST on the value of the item.

Even on parts I buy off e-bay I always request the seller send via USPS instead of UPS. I've probably had about 25 packages come from stores or off e-bay and probably 50% of them were tagged with the $5 plus GST & PST. The other 50% came thru without needing to pay brokerage or taxes.

Stay away from having things shipped via UPS since you're going to get hosed on brokerage.... and you can't argue with them since they will return it.

Now you know how UPS can afford to always have clean, polished trucks with employees who wear UPS logo'd socks, hats and probably underwear. Those insane brokerage fees pay for all that bling!

I live an hour north of the border and send all my stuff to the UPS warehouse there in Sweetgrass MT. I just drive down when it comes in and bring it across the border myself. I only end up paying the GST this way.

six pack said:
I live an hour north of the border and send all my stuff to the UPS warehouse there in Sweetgrass MT. I just drive down when it comes in and bring it across the border myself. I only end up paying the GST this way.

you must be from lethbridege???

I hear you, brokerage fees suck, UPS is the most expensive, I had to pay 39 dollars and change on an item that I paid less then 20 dollars for, I had already paid for shipping charges. Item was a set of door sill plates so you know it wasn't big or heavy. My opinion is UPS sucks.

RobbAdams I have used ultinate performance in Canada and they are awesome, they carry products from a lot of vendors and they are efficient prices are cheaper then what you would pay if you have to buy south of the border as you only pay tax and shipping. They also carry the full line of eastwood autobody products which are nice and great quality. I am using them for everything possible.

-
Back