Whats a 70 BB Charger and Road Runner worth?

-

magnummopar

Reaction score
I know, its A bodies only...thats what I am buying but, guess whats sitting next to it?
I am purchasing a very nice rust free 67 GT w/factory disk, /6, AT console car, etc for an amazing deal. When I was getting a few parts together with owner, who stored interior and trim in shop, I peeked under tarp and he said" I have a 70 Charger Factory big block AT and a 70 Road Runner 383 4 speed car if you know anybody that is into mopars".

I know, pics, pics, pics...I will try to get some when he moves cars around to get all parts together but for now, just give me a general range as the only B bodys I see are $10K for rusted shell or $25K for clone but I am not up on my B's. Owned several but thhat was in late 80's.

1970 Charger BB AT rallys. Complete with almost no rust, minor pass floor pin holes. No tach, console or hood scoops. It is RB but not sure which. Body is pretty clean, minor dings, bumpers are good, rear is 7. Couldnt get under rear to see diff.

1970 Road Runner 383 4 speed car. not #'s engine but has A-833. Buckets missing, wrong bench but everything else is there and nice. has hood badges/grills but not scoop. Ugly wheels, paint and interior are toast but surprisingly rust free.

They need paint, interior and I dont know if they run. I think going by prices I have seen they are worth(in currrent market) $10K ea but maybe not. B bodies here are big bucks as Graveyard guys are 100 miles north ans swooped up lots locally. The seller is thinking 80's prices based on what I paid for 67 Dart GT. Opinions or price range appreciated, specially if you have bought/sold recently (2 years).

I will post pics butt might just send the roll back before he comes to his senses.

Go to the B Body forum link at the top of this page and look at the classifieds. B-Bodies are ridiculously overpriced, IMO. $10-12K will get you a car that's all there, but far from a driver, in need of total restoration. If you can get them for '80's prices, better jump on both.

Lets just say that I havent seen anything as "nice" as these cars for lass than $10K in the last few years. I am thinking he would probably take $2500-$3000 each and maybe less for all. Paid $1500 for super clean 67 GT w disks console etc. It has 0 rust and is super straight. Looks like it might be time to add another one to the resto list. I did look on B bodies a bit but will give it a closer look today.

you can find a 69 roadrunner, all there for $5000, ya got to look. 68-70 bb chargers are more, and cost more to restore if all that welded together rear sheet meal has to be replaced. and grills are high..
if you want appraisals, you need to send some good vin/fender tag info and pics for our guesses.

yes, look on FBBO, also check and what actually sold and contact seller and see what he got, IF he will tell. our economy in general is still soft, and the old mopar market still feels its effects, IMO
buying a good desirable project worth its price is always a challenge.

Lets just say that I havent seen anything as "nice" as these cars for lass than $10K in the last few years. I am thinking he would probably take $2500-$3000 each and maybe less for all. Paid $1500 for super clean 67 GT w disks console etc. It has 0 rust and is super straight. Looks like it might be time to add another one to the resto list. I did look on B bodies a bit but will give it a closer look today.

Better go grab them most guys are at barret Jackson prices for there Junkers not 80's prices

lets face it. most of these old mopars are in the hands of us enthusiasts. few are to be found in any isolated boneyard anymore. whats on CL is generally sorry carp with some idiot trying to cash it in. most of the old cars out in the sticks out in the cow pasture, were found by the dopers running the back roads looking for scrap metal when it was sky high!

best way to find a good project or nice reasonably priced car? network guys in the hobby. takes time and effort, but you get in touch with real mopar hobby guys, that sometimes have a great old car sitting in the back of the shed. life sometimes require it to be sold. just life. sometimes they don't want to ad it for months looking for a buyer. and the guy that turned YOU on to it, he's trying to help his buddy. and he isn't into that particular model or has no $$ or whatever.

If you know the market - buy them and make some for yourself. Sounds like you're close with the $8K-10K range. The Charger's worth more IMO than the RR based on appeal alone.

I can't imagine anyone walking away from these cars if the price and condition is even close to as described.

Buy them
B-body mopars are money in the bank, if you have a place to store them indoors.

I even traded my 87 Grand National that was in near pristine condition for a 1970 RR 383 4 speed that was missing many parts, needed total restoration and needed quarters and trunk floor! I figured the Buick was worth $10K 4 years ago when I made the trade.

As I suspected, the guy didnt know jack about Mopars as the Road Runner is a 71 and Charger is a 73 I think. We rolled tarps back and checked them out. Vin on RR is correct for 383 4bbl and I confirmed a-833 & 8 3/4 . P Disk. a few extra parts like grill/bumper. Didnt see inserts for hood but there is another box w gauges and chrome.

The charger is a 73 I think. Took pics of vin and fender tag but didnt decode.

The 67 GT is really nice, super clean body.

Yea, I will probably just roll it as I have no RB stuff at all. Still havent found a good comp car to get a better idea of what its worth. Guessing $7K-$10K but cant compare east coast to west coast prices

I'd like a 71 'Runner, I always liked the bumper/grille treatment on those

-
Back