Anybody own any other cars beside Mopar?

-

Dartswinger70

Reaction score
I almost hate to admit it, and I dont want to rub the purists the wrong way, but does anybody have any other classic or performance cars other than Mopar? I actually worked for Ford for a while and always liked the Fox body Mustang 5.0. About 5 years ago I stumbled across a 86 Mustang GT convertible and the price was right and I had the cash so I went for it. It is in the collection along with a pickup, a commuter car, and a couple of motorcycles. The 5.0 is just fun, but not as much fun as my Dart Swinger, I must say if one had to go, it would be the 5.0 Mustang. I will proably keep it though, its paid for.

nope not anymore ....mopar only and my newest car is 73.

I live in a place with very little snow fall and no salt so my mopars are my only transportation.

When people say that old cars can not be dependable as new cars ....I have no idea what they are talking about.

I live in a place with very little snow fall and no salt so my mopars are my only transportation.

When people say that old cars can not be dependable as new cars ....I have no idea what they are talking about.

Nice, very ne. It seems you are "living the dream" I sometimes wish it was the late 60's early 70's. If we could take Vietnam out of the era, it was probably a great time. Great cars, and great music, people were a little mnore free back then and gas was cheap.

I used to drive Mopars every day, but now with the parts not being as available, I have switched to the 90's vintage cars...

I drove my yellow 68 Barracuda fastback to work everyday for 7 years, before having to retire it at about 500 k miles....

I used to drive Mopars every day, but now with the parts not being as available, I have switched to the 90's vintage cars...

I drove my yellow 68 Barracuda fastback to work everyday for 7 years, before having to retire it at about 500 k miles....

well my daily drivers are not really that nice anyways.....I have a slant six powered 68 dart and a 72 demon

Rani Dirt cars as I call them because they look like cars Joe dirt would drive but I don't care because I would rather have a ratty old cool car than no cool car at all. My parents have offered to buy me a new car and all my friends ask me why I like old cars. I always say: if you have to ask then you just don't get it.

well my daily drivers are not really that nice anyways.....I have a slant six powered 68 dart and a 72 demon

Rani Dirt cars as I call them because they look like cars Joe dirt would drive but I don't care because I would rather have a ratty old cool car than no cool car at all. My parents have offered to buy me a new car and all my friends ask me why I like old cars. I always say: if you have to ask then you just don't get it.

I get it... :glasses7:

I almost hate to admit it, and I dont want to rub the purists the wrong way, but does anybody have any othr classic or performance cars other than Mopar? I actually worked for Ford for a while and always liked the Fox body Mustang 5.0. About 5 years ago I stumbled across a 86 Mustang GT convertible and the price was right and I had the cash so I went for it. It is in the collection along with a pickup, a commuter car, and a couple of motorcycles. The 5.0 is just fun, but not as much fun as my Dart Swinger, I must say if one had to go, it would be the 5.0 Mustang. I will proably keep it though, its paid for.

lets see pics of your other stuff..

i have a fox body myself..

DSC_0021.jpg

and a couple other toys.

EC9F52E7-F3CD-4AE9-89E8-62EDEEC6EF37.jpg

F6275CF3-4433-46D6-A2B1-59BF1B3793DA.jpg

Yup

Attachments

• IMG_20110420_191033.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 118-1895_IMG.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 116-1636_IMG.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 273
  • 005.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 272
Yes I own a 72 Vette. Its probably one of the most enjoyable cars I have ever driven. I bought it 6 years ago and it was in very bad shape but a solid car. I spent 2 years replacing and upgrading every thing in it. I will never see my investment return to me but the satisfaction of doing this first hand is very gratifying. My heart is made of Dodge roots, but its hard not to love driving and showing this car!
For those who hate GM's I am doing a mod on a 66 Dart that I hope to finish late this year or early next! Hope its as much fun as the Vette.

View attachment PA270400.jpg
383 Stroker, 4:11 rear, 700R4 overdrive trans
Rod

Nope, Two Ramchargers and an Avenger, 3/4 ton Dodge church van and my 66 Plymouth and a Honda Fourtrax.

Here is the 86 Mustang on the lift when I put tires on it. I have been retired from the garage business. I miss having a lift.

Attachments

• 86 fox vert pic 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 265
my other toys

Attachments

• jeep3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 238
  • bike.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 240
A '54 Ford more door, a '78 F250, and my daily is a '89 F150. That's for the vintage.

The wife drives the kid around in an XG350. Time to retire her '03 Dakota for the season. Needs some work to pass inspection.

Do we have to park our other cars BESIDE the Mopars to qualify for this thread?? Is in front or behind them ok???

I almost hate to admit it, and I dont want to rub the purists the wrong way, but does anybody have any other classic or performance cars other than Mopar? I actually worked for Ford for a while and always liked the Fox body Mustang 5.0. About 5 years ago I stumbled across a 86 Mustang GT convertible and the price was right and I had the cash so I went for it. It is in the collection along with a pickup, a commuter car, and a couple of motorcycles. The 5.0 is just fun, but not as much fun as my Dart Swinger, I must say if one had to go, it would be the 5.0 Mustang. I will proably keep it though, its paid for.

Ryan, am a big fan of the early 5.0 'Stang's (Had three , so far. Fan of the ragtops). I would like to own a 66 Galaxie , or a 69 Cougar ,again . (I like the early Ford products, they are just different)

when I got into these old cars, its was 1985. first car I lucked into was a 68 olds 443, college kid in Ks had it but came from Ca. at that time it was a real survivor' $1000. the "then wife" was pissed and hated it. 6 mo. l;ater I traded it off for a paint job for a horse trailer! LOL ( big trailer).
bought a 69 427 vet from a guy in Ks that restored vets, with the stipulation he send his "body guy" to my shop and teach us how to do fiberglass! we stored this beast, and learned NEVER again any vettes!!!! this was 1992. by then a car like this wasn't worth much, restored to perfect.

after that first olds, I jumped into Mopars and never looked back. LOL

wrong. I picked up a re stored 69 camero, 327, powerglide in Al bout 1993. paid $3,000 for it, drove it to the shop everyday. all my mopar buds laughed their *** off all summer. it was a nice car and I enjoyed it. the heater core started leaking, and after learning the fender had to come off,, it left that fall. advertising it for 2 months, I sold it for $3000! LOL

I was told back in the 80's by someone who knew his chit, get into one brand and learn them...... it will take a while!!!!! still got plenty to learn..... problem is I forget what I already did learn!!??? LOL

I have a 1979 Coupe de Ville, black over maroon...last of the 7 litre Caddys. It looks like a stock CDV with dual exhaust down to the wheelcovers. With drag radials, it runs 12.40 on the motor, 12-flat on nitrous.

My wife has a diesel K-5 Blazer and a rocketship of a Buick Grand National.

I have got a vette, and amc jeep and a willys jeep.

y4ikGJ.jpg

4LQQzO.jpg

Cool thread. I appreciate the responses. I like the variety of interests, different makes and models etc. Here are a couple more of the 5.0. The commuter car (ZX 2 ) and pickup (Ranger) int the background.

Attachments

• S2010100.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 195
  • S2010099.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 192
-
Back