Anybody own any other cars beside Mopar?

-
I was told back in the 80's by someone who knew his chit, get into one brand and learn them.....

oh i don't know how much chit he knew but to me zeroing into one brand doesn't sound so great to me. you miss out on a ton of cool *** cars out there by different makes. plus you'll never be as well rounded mechanically wise if all you ever do is work on one make vehicle. but hey different strokes for different folks.

I've got a few.

'75 Chevy G20 camper van that my fiancé and I drove across Canada and back through the northern US. 350 auto.
'75 Ford Ranger F250 4x4 'Highboy'. I inherited it from my dad, it's still wearing original paint. I use it as a daily driver, 390 4 speed.
'66 Rambler Classic that I recently picked up for a great price. Survivor car that I've been driving quite a bit. To some it's considered a Mopar and to others it's not.
'81 Toyota 4x4, 22R 4 speed, used as a bush buggy.
'93 Toyota 4Runner, 22RE 5 speed, used as a bush buggy.

oh i don't know how much chit he knew but to me zeroing into one brand doesn't sound so great to me. you miss out on a ton of cool *** cars out there by different makes. plus you'll never be as well rounded mechanically wise if all you ever do is work on one make vehicle. but hey different strokes for different folks.

X2
The vette I have still is a learning experience.
FYI I love your drz bought one new in 03, lost it when it caught on fire.

Yep...

Besides to Ram deisels ( a2500, and a 3500) and my Dart, I also own a 1500 Chevy Silverado Pick up, a GMC Sierra Pick up, a Harley, and a Toyota Rav4, and just got a 94 Ford Chateau Club Wagon back from a guy who "purchased" it from me a few months ago, and was then unable to come up with the money. :roll:

Other than the list below I have a 2013 lariet power stroke, 2010 Lincolin MKS, 2006 Toyota Solara convert., and my daily driver beater car a 2003 sport trac. I guess I like them all.

Don't even start me, on 64-72 Rat powered Chevelles, lol. A neighbor hot rodder, had a mildly modified street rod, of that. ( second picture....) Gawd, I wanted that....

The black Chevelle is just a lowly mouse 350. The silver one hiding behind the A was a 396. We sent the silver one off to a new home in Oklahoma.

Teresa would love to have the A rodded but I've already got too many irons in the fire. It was her Dad's truck.

i have owned all kinds of cars except ford (my dad is a ford guy) and i nor my dad have had a bad vehicle no matter what the brand. he is 72 and currently has 6 classic cars i am 46 and only have one at this point.

i love my dart but have mostly owned Chevy products and including my current 2012 Z71 and 2009 Saturn(which is being replaced by a jeep soon) Vue i have never had a problem or left walking. I don't buy cars by brand because i feel with today's technology they are all pretty even and if i see car i like and i can afford it i buy it no matter what the brand. but i really do want my next truck to be another mega-cab because i loved my 06 but a handful of years back a divorce and starting life over at 40 was not easy.

but out of all the cars i have had my dart is my favorite and maybe that's because it was my dads lol who knows but i do love it and plan to build another 70 chevelle and another 70 shortbed. the two couples we hang out with the most both have classic vechhiles and she isthe only one that dont so my next build will be some model 72 for her cause its her birth year and that what she has hinted around at.

if we live that long we are retiring in 12 years so i would like to have one newer vehicle for long the comfort on longer trips but we will go to warmer places in the winter and come home to our place here in the summer but i want our classics to be for the most part our everyday drivers

My wife wanted a two seat roadster for her 50th birthday, at first she wanted a Miata but I suggested we look at some BMWs instead because they had six cylinder engines. She did tell me that if Dodge made a small roadster she would trade in her Z3. I have to admit this little thing is quick and handles like it's on rails.

Attachments

• IMG_1379 (Small).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 159
What are these other cars beside's MOPAR you speak of?

The company car :evil3:
7863952_listing_detail_2FABP7BV4AX121421-28c_zps926e669b.jpg

Nope! Got burned to many times,I made a mistake on a Kia 49 ,000 later engine blew! Complete garbage!I worked on all my friends chevy and ford's also ,hmm it seams like I'm always working on them.

View attachment MustangLTwheel.jpg

View attachment MustangLTrear.jpg

View attachment MustangRT.jpg

I do like my Mustang

View attachment resizedcaddy.jpg

View attachment resizeCaddy2.jpg

Since I have worked for Ford since 1997 and transferred to Louisville Assembly Plant and there they said you drive a ford product or park in lot for non ford vehicles, so I bought a 69 Cougar. but it was too nice to drive daily to work and no ac. 15 days later sold it and found the mustang.

My wife has a 2004 Ford Freestar van

the caddy has been around a long time. Richard bought it new in 1973 for his company car, a year later sold it to Charlie and his son Ken got it and brought to his house in 1995 I took it home to clean it up and he told me to keep it. He has driven it a few times since but Sue and I have put about 10,000 miles on it since 95. It now has a little over 30,000 miles

At 15 my dad told me "I work for Chrysler, YOU WILL drive a Chrysler product" I was OK with that since my 1st car was a 67 Barracuda.

The Fords are drivers, my truck was a driver till I moved and was told I needed a Ford to drive to work. But all my Fun cars except caddy are MOPAR

I can drive what I want now and prefer my Chrysler products

I have a few
Monte Carlo ss aerocoupe, 3 1979 amxs, 72 v8 vega and a 2004 sti 500 awhp

My other non-Mopar's are a 1962 Lancia Appia , 1964 Ford Ranchero and a 1973 Caddillac Sedan Deville . I am not counting my Jeeps as I consider them to be a Mopar automobile .

76 Mercury Bobcat soon to be 5.0 and T5. 75 F250 Camper Special daily driver. 04 Ford Escape wife's car.

And of course my 49 Dodge Pilothouse rat truck.

AA10084A-068D-47AC-A186-21B4BBB693AE.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The silver mustang and dart are mine. The 68 fastback and boat are my dad's.

C1DD8A27-9743-4999-AD9C-CDBD0AF887F5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

C8B385E2-3519-4B01-8D69-5EDD5549F469.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

-
Back