Anybody read up on this "Planet X" ??

-

BadAss71

Let's Go Brandon
Reaction score
Never heard anything about it until today. A buddy and I were shooting the **** and he asked if I had heard about it. Well I went and started doing some digging around on the ole interwebs and I think I may have scared myself. Now of course there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there, and I mean alot, but this just seems to make too much sense, considering all of the crazy weather going on around the world and here in the states with flooding, fires, earthquakes and such. Call me paranoid bat **** crazy, but do some research to back up those claims lol.

Pure conspiracy theory that defies the laws of physics. It just isn't possible, regardless of whatever may be happening on Earth.

Such an object so close to Earth would be easily visible to the naked eye. A planet (such as planet X) would create noticeable effects in the orbits of the outer planets. Some claim that the object has been concealed behind the Sun for several years, but this is actually geometrically impossible. Photographs showing planet X by the Sun are, in fact, false images of the Sun created by reflections within the lens of the camera.

If this theoretical object's orbit were as described, it would only have lasted in the Solar System for a million years or so before Jupiter expelled it long ago. To maintain the theorized orbit, it would have to travel 1000 AU in two years. This means it would need to be moving at 2400 km/s (faster than the galactic escape velocity).

At that speed, it would be shot out of the Solar System and then out of the galaxy...into intergalactic space.

Conspiracy theorists make lousy scientists. They grab just enough technical info to make it sound plausible, but it's really just nonsense if you actually understand the science.

The laws of Physics are absolute and you can't talk your way around them...no matter how convincing the argument may sound to those who don't know the science.

Well that's refreshing to hear, considering what this would mean to modern civilization as we know it. The only problem I see with the defying physics statement is that we really don't even totally understand, or know what's really out there to begin with. Didn't Nasa find a "new" planet just within the last decade?

Well that's refreshing to hear, considering what this would mean to modern civilization as we know it. The only problem I see with the defying physics statement is that we really don't even totally understand, or know what's really out there to begin with. Didn't Nasa find a "new" planet just within the last decade?
None of the discoveries by NASA defied the laws of physics. What they discovered is an orbiting body that is within the expectation of the measurements of the solar system. It's a tiny mass very far from Earth.

How did they discover it? By looking at the gravitational effects within the solar system which led them to search for it.

Something as big as the mythical Planet X would have been discovered a long time ago....long before we even found the rest of the known planets beyond Jupiter.

...The laws of Physics are absolute and you can't talk your way around them...no matter how convincing the argument may sound to those who don't know the science.
Not so fast..check this out: "..It's one of the biggest questions of modern science –- are the laws of physics the same everywhere in the Universe and throughout its entire history? We're determined to answer this burning question one way or the other."
Our Solar System "Is in a Unique Place in the Universe -- Just Right for Life"

sure its just a jab on the "Laws of physics are absolute" but I dont buy that Planet X either...now Racer X is another story
latest

I think most of the laws of physics are pretty straightforward. I'm just not sure we know all the laws yet. We know the ones that are around us all the time, so if something nearby was violating them, we would know in a hurry.

The fundamental laws of astrodynamics were figured out by Newton in the 1600's, and are still valid today. Newton's laws of motion are still in full effect in our solar system.

i often wonder why man believes he is always right even when prove wrong.
planet x, wormwood, nibiru, the blue planet, lots of reliious history way before current science tells its tale.

Which "planet x" are you referring to?

To my knowledge. Planet X originally referred to Pluto was before its discovery. And because of that now generally refers to some unidentified trans-Neptune bodies. That is, bodies that orbit beyond Neptunes orbit. Consisting of kuiper belt objects. Along with 12 identified minor planets (including pluto). They have identified the orbit of many of these bodies. And given that they believe there may be a "planet nine" (so named because all other bodies are no large enough to be considered a planet, including pluto). There is some deflection and clumping that has only .007% chance of being luck alone. And this correlates with a large (2-4 times earth size) planet forcing the smaller group of planets to clump in the opposite direction. Without this planet, their orbits would be much more random, given the interference of the giant planets on the outer solar system.

Planet_Nine_-_black_background.png

Of course, this is hypothesized right now. The planet has not been confirmed. But is the most likely explanation for the orbit "clumping" you see here.

I've read about it, even on nasas own webpage. I'm not saying it's a farce nor do I believe it, but I'm not ruling out the possibility of it or something else exisiting. Just like while i don't believe in little green men out there somewhere, I also can't rule out that the odds if earth being the only planet with life on it in the galaxy or beyond are slim. The rule of averages says theres more than 1 earth type planet.

Bottom line is, who knows at this point

speaking of nasa, they confirmed planet x in the 70s or 80s and there is evidence of it. they called it wormwood back then.

A true conspiracy theorist would say that the government hopes you will believe it's a hidden planet causing some of the drastic weather on earth instead of weather manipulation from HAARP.

Pure conspiracy theory that defies the laws of physics. It just isn't possible, regardless of whatever may be happening on Earth.

Such an object so close to Earth would be easily visible to the naked eye. A planet (such as planet X) would create noticeable effects in the orbits of the outer planets. Some claim that the object has been concealed behind the Sun for several years, but this is actually geometrically impossible. Photographs showing planet X by the Sun are, in fact, false images of the Sun created by reflections within the lens of the camera.

If this theoretical object's orbit were as described, it would only have lasted in the Solar System for a million years or so before Jupiter expelled it long ago. To maintain the theorized orbit, it would have to travel 1000 AU in two years. This means it would need to be moving at 2400 km/s (faster than the galactic escape velocity).

At that speed, it would be shot out of the Solar System and then out of the galaxy...into intergalactic space.

Conspiracy theorists make lousy scientists. They grab just enough technical info to make it sound plausible, but it's really just nonsense if you actually understand the science.

The laws of Physics are absolute and you can't talk your way around them...no matter how convincing the argument may sound to those who don't know the science.

There is a serious fallacy that too many in our scientific community believe.

Our law of physics doesn't have to apply to other planets or universes. Just like the fallacy that extraterrestrial beings would need food or water to survive.

Trying to apply our laws and labels to things we can not phathom is like someone in the church trying to define God.

There is a serious fallacy that too many in our scientific community believe.

Our law of physics doesn't have to apply to other planets or universes. Just like the fallacy that extraterrestrial beings would need food or water to survive.

Trying to apply our laws and labels to things we can not phathom is like someone in the church trying to define God.

Exactly, and if you think about it our belief in divine existence, and even how fast or slow time passes is limited strictly to this planet.
A lot of people don't think about the fact that 24 hrs only relates to our passing around the sun.
Outside of here it doesn't mean squat.

Regardless of what's going on that we are discovering, and what facts exist and what is theory, or what politicians try to use for their scare tactics to gain votes.....

......God created the heavens and the earth. A light by day, and a light by night. He calls the stars by name. Nothing out there he don't know about, and what is out there he created, and it's in his control.
So, I don't think I'll waste a lot of time worrying about things that are in his control, and I'll spend more time worrying about things in my control. :)

I thought that was a cool movie Rob....
I did too. Sometimes I think what we need is a good, old-fashioned, alien invasion to put things in perspective for us. Remind us that, regardless of our differences, there are other things that transcend all of the petty squabbles that so consume us on a daily basis.

I did too. Sometimes I think what we need is a good, old-fashioned, alien invasion to put things in perspective for us. Remind us that, regardless of our differences, there are other things that transcend all of the petty squabbles that so consume us on a daily basis.

Why do you think it hasn't happened yet?

Imagine a race that kills it's own without abandon. Over the smallest differences. Height. Skin tone. Eye colour. And even non-visible differences. Like basis of belief. Their culture. Etc. Things that can change in only a hundred years, or less! Look at the culture change in the USA in the last 50-60 years alone. A race that has been at war with itself for over 5000 years straight. That has industrialized even the killing of it's own people.

Now give that race a common enemy. A common thing to fight against. Especially one as so different as an alien race and culture (assuming they are that different). Not only would we rally against the physical differences. But also the cultural differences. Now imagine what we would be capable of?

Think any alien culture is dumb enough to open that door? As the story goes of what the japanese said after the bombed pearl harbour "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I almost bet that just outside the reach of our probes, our current ability to see or detect. Are beacons. All around our solar system, that loudly scream to any passing vessel. That our system is off limits. Not to be entered under any circumstance. Lest they "wake the sleeping giant".

Imagine a race that kills it's own without abandon. Over the smallest differences. Height. Skin tone. Eye colour. And even non-visible differences. Like basis of belief. Their culture. Etc. Things that can change in only a hundred years, or less! Look at the culture change in the USA in the last 50-60 years alone. A race that has been at war with itself for over 5000 years straight. That has industrialized even the killing of it's own people.

Now give that race a common enemy. A common thing to fight against. Especially one as so different as an alien race and culture (assuming they are that different). Not only would we rally against the physical differences. But also the cultural differences. Now imagine what we would be capable of?

Think any alien culture is dumb enough to open that door? As the story goes of what the japanese said after the bombed pearl harbour "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

I almost bet that just outside the reach of our probes, our current ability to see or detect. Are beacons. All around our solar system, that loudly scream to any passing vessel. That our system is off limits. Not to be entered under any circumstance. Lest they "wake the sleeping giant".
These are interesting, and valid points. What you have to consider, however, is that any theoretical race that is technologically advanced enough to reach us from beyond the stars (point of fact, they will have come at least 4 light years, and most likely even farther) probably will be so advanced as to not even consider our current level of "modern warfare" to be anything more than a nuisance as they invade, regardless of whatever resolve we may be able to muster. Many people have also postulated that a race of beings who have traveled so long and so far to get here most likely would not have evil intentions, but would be benevolent and only want to help us. This is possible. Probable, even. But you also have to consider that, regardless of what we have done to it, our planet has an abundance of usable resources, from the water and air all they way to the oil and mineral deposits. We are sitting on a galactic mother lode here, and the only thing missing is the appropriate claim jumper to push us off our land and steal what is rightfully ours.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I believe this will happen, or that I believe that it is even possible that this could happen. I'm just saying that, should we get attacked by beings who have the technological ability to travel through interstellar space and land on our planet, we may find ourselves on the **** end of the stick.

Thank you for the thought experiment. I haven't had this much fun in a long time!

Or maybe we're just not that interesting...

-
Back