anybody sealed they're hood scoop to the carb?

-
These are ones i did for mine, single four barrel, and maxwedge crossram. They are both dirty, cause they are both sitting in a corner of the garage.
In both cases, the car slowed down with the pan sealed to the hood. This is with a raisin bran scoop. Maybe not enough airflow area through the scoop, maybe cause i didnt spend enough time tuning for the pan.
In either case, it was easier to put them in the garage.

20210523_212039.jpg

20210523_212048.jpg

Edit: ran the four barrel with and without a k&n filter. Slowed down with the pan seal in both cases.

These are ones i did for mine, single four barrel, and maxwedge crossram. They are both dirty, cause they are both sitting in a corner of the garage.
In both cases, the car slowed down with the pan sealed to the hood. This is with a raisin bran scoop. Maybe not enough airflow area through the scoop, maybe cause i didnt spend enough time tuning for the pan.
In either case, it was easier to put them in the garage.

View attachment 1715741986

View attachment 1715741987
Edit: ran the four barrel with and without a k&n filter. Slowed down with the pan seal in both cases.
Man I appreciate your knowledge and input with this what do you mean by A Raisin Bran scoop? dual snorkel?

Man I appreciate your knowledge and input with this what do you mean by A Raisin Bran scoop? dual snorkel?
Yep. "Raisin bran with TWO SCOOPS!"

20190410_175217.jpg

Edit: Please excuse the crappy after-sunset-no-light pic.
And heck, i didnt even notice this thread was ten years old!

Last edited:
I would think that the foam would blow out of place with incoming air pressure. That's why the factory used rubber seals.
My opinion.

I would think that the foam would blow out of place with incoming air pressure. That's why the factory used rubber seals.
My opinion.
That is true, except for a few things. First, the foam was originally wrapped with duct tape to hold it in place. Second, the impressions made by the underhood bracing showed that the foam wasnt moving . Those impressions are long gone, because these have been sitting on a shelf for at least a decade. Third, if the seal was no good, why did it have an effect, demonstrably slowing the car down in A to B tests?

You mean the 354 covers over the small block ones.. lol, gets people all the time in the shop that look at it. It is a good running 340 though
Ya know I was going to ask"..is that a small block with Faux hemi rocker covers ?..." well as long as you get the ram air effect and it works. I knew a guy with a 71 Charger with air grabber and he has always professed that it worked when he opened the door up...

-
Back