anybody sealed they're hood scoop to the carb?

-

prodart340

Reaction score
I've been thinking about sealing my six pack scoop down to the carb and this would involve making an air pan, including any additional supports if needed. Anybody done anything like this? Need some ideas,pics would be great. Thanks,Mike

i did it on my 73 cuda with aar hood. I used a big cookie plan and 4inch foam from summit. When you close the hood makes a good seal. The cookie pan had the nice rolled edge already
S5002020.jpg

S5002009.jpg

btw car is no where near done,so sorry for dirty underhood.. its in a lot of piece getting a redo

Naw, I don't think anybody's ever done that before.

That's brilliant racerkilla. Love low-buck mods!....gonna sneak a cookie pan into the garage tomorrow while me and the kids are making Christman goodies.

Pat

You mean the 354 covers over the small block ones.. lol, gets people all the time in the shop that look at it. It is a good running 340 though

shhh its one of those special small block hemi's you hear about at gas stations or car shows..haha I had a thread somewhere on here with with those valve covers

here is mine...

you want at least 2" all the way around the air cleaner for air flow...

also dont run to small an air cleaner as it greatly slows you down!

even when my 14x4" was brand new i still was able to up another jet with it off...

Attachments

• 100_4562.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 906
  • 100_4566.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 893
  • 100_4572.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 912
  • 100_4569.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 906
Does somebody sell those small block fake hemi valve covers? I think there neat.

they are just old 354 covers with a bolt welded to the stock metal covers, i have grommets put in them now... that is an old pic

More pics of ram air setups, please!

I just hacked a hole in the hood of my 73 Swinger to clear the air cleaner, have a Cougar Eliminator scoop on the way and really want to seal things up and make it look good.

Thanks!

drill a few small drip holes at the rear of your pans so the rain you suck up doesn't HAVE to go down the carb.

here is mine...

you want at least 2" all the way around the air cleaner for air flow...

also dont run to small an air cleaner as it greatly slows you down!

even when my 14x4" was brand new i still was able to up another jet with it off...

Do the hood vents help? Heat extractors?

Saw this after a bit of web surfing.

ramairbox.jpg

Looks nice and professional. You can order different heights from 3" to 5".

-
Back