Anybody try this floor shifter?

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
Anybody try this floor shifter?

BM 33VB12H Floor Auto Trans Shift Lever Kit Fits 1970-1976 Plymouth Duster​

Thats not much of a shifter, but it looks simple enough, should work just fine I would think .

Screenshot_20230830-162021_eBay.jpg

For a everyday ride they work good.
If you want to save a few bucks Mr. Gasket makes one similar but with rod linkage for around $100 less
I have used 2 of them in the past few years. One in a A body one in a B body. The A body had a manual shift valve body and shifted perfect.
The Mr.Gasket you have to use a bit of ingenuity with the linkage but it comes with all kinds of extra parts for many brands of cars. Easy to install. Summit or Jegs have them but they are not listed unless you look up the name Mr.Gasket shifters.

IMG_1853.jpg

I wonder what it has for gates and detents?
Just a simple groove and then the cable adjustment to make them match up, little spooky to me because they need to be in a position to stop at for say second gear , if not, the shifter will take the transmission out.. he needs to watch some videos on it and get it right.. detent would be kick down rod or cable.. I believe Mike.

Just a simple groove and then the cable adjustment to make them match up, little spooky to me because they need to be in a position to stop at for say second gear , if not, the shifter will take the transmission out.. he needs to watch some videos on it and get it right.. detent would be kick down rod or cable.. I believe Mike.
Someone needs to copy the Slap Stick. What a great shifter.

I wouldn't spend fifty bucks for that "shifter".
If you want quality bulletproof shifter, for a bargain, check out a Winters Sidewinder.

It's essentially a ratchet shifter. But I agree, someone should copy it right on the money as far as operation.
that would be ideal, but then everybody would either: ***** about the price point, piss and moan that it's not quality and doesn't work *exactly* the same as the one they had 40 years ago, or grumble about the fact that their roached out OEM is better and should be worth more.

at the end of the day, you'd have to price it to make money and there'd be like 10 people willing to drop coin and everybody else would be all: i could buy two B&M's and a steak dinner for the same price!

I switched to TCI shifter from the Mr Gasket only because of being turned down at the track for no reverse lock out.
No big deal if your car never sees the track. Again it is a budget shifter.
The transmission detents are quite strong, you get a tight click between each shifts.
Also has a stop from reverse to park that you lift to get it in park.
Yes there are way better shifters out there.

-
Back