Anybody try this?

-
According to the author it's not a big deal? Any opinions on that?

well your shooting fuel in half the cylinders and then the other half, not timed to each cylinder... or well to any cylinders lol... if i was going to all the work for EFI im going to do it right and go sequential...

batch fire opens one bank at a time in this case 3 injectors, not so bad for an engine like a v6, but if your opening 3 injectors at one time on a slant 6 your likely to run rich more then anything

Here's what he said..

"The firing order for the 3.8L V6 is 1-6-5-4-3-2 and the SL6 is 1-5-3-6-2-4. The batch fire ECM fires injectors 1, 3 & 5 together and injectors 2, 4 & 6 together on the 3.8L. With the SL6, I wired it to fire 1, 2 & 3 and 4,5 & 6 respectively. This seems to work very well so I can only assume that I did the right thing. Use the OHM function on your DVM to determine which groups of three are together in the harness."

Here's the link to the install...

http://slantsix.org/articles/dibiase_efi/efi-conv3.htm

Here's what he said..

"The firing order for the 3.8L V6 is 1-6-5-4-3-2 and the SL6 is 1-5-3-6-2-4. The batch fire ECM fires injectors 1, 3 & 5 together and injectors 2, 4 & 6 together on the 3.8L. With the SL6, I wired it to fire 1, 2 & 3 and 4,5 & 6 respectively. This seems to work very well so I can only assume that I did the right thing. Use the OHM function on your DVM to determine which groups of three are together in the harness."

Here's the link to the install...

http://slantsix.org/articles/dibiase_efi/efi-conv3.htm

yes i understand what batch fire is... my point is if your going to do it get go full sequential MPFI. then each injector is timed correctly... i think of batch fire like a part time mechanical injection, no rhyme or reason lol

well your shooting fuel in half the cylinders and then the other half, not timed to each cylinder... or well to any cylinders lol... if i was going to all the work for EFI im going to do it right and go sequential...

There are millions of cars on the road that don't use sequential. From what I've read, it provides minimal HP gains, a little better emissions and idle quality.

go over to "Binder Planet" and search up the section on EFI. Guys over there are using GM stuff to convert IHC 4, 6, 8 cyl stuff to tbi, multiport, etc, using re--chipped GM computers. I thought about doing this.

Search up Megasquirt, another DIY possibility.

Yea I understand that. I just figured that if its cheap n fairly easy wouldn't it be better than a carb? I'm thinkin along the lines of future turbo.

There are millions of cars on the road that don't use sequential. From what I've read, it provides minimal HP gains, a little better emissions and idle quality.

go over to "Binder Planet" and search up the section on EFI. Guys over there are using GM stuff to convert IHC 4, 6, 8 cyl stuff to tbi, multiport, etc, using re--chipped GM computers. I thought about doing this.

Search up Megasquirt, another DIY possibility.

when i do the 68 it will be a MSIII, already worked out the trigger wheel. going IR with cop, should be fun

-
Back