Anybody use a G-tech accelerometer?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just bought an older G-tech /Pro off ebay for what I figured is not much

Supposed to be able to give you 0-60 time/ mph and 1/4 mi. time/ mpg and "g's" acceleration and I guess cornering.

Anybody have a feel for how accurate they are/ are not?

This is an earlier model, not capable of graphing, etc

ProSmallGrey.jpg

I have one, just like in your picture. We tested it at drag strip some years ago. IIRC it showed 0,1-0,3 second difference in time, and ~3-4mph too much speed. But since drag strip is open only couple times in summer here, I've used it a lot to testing. It will show differences when tuning and making modifications.
Another what I use is Racechrono in cell phone

I have one - tried it at the track .2 sec out from the card.

They're actually pretty accurate considering the cost.

I think the HP function gives you a better idea of tuning changes - but you have to stretch the car out to almost max rpm in 1st and 2nd gears to get an accurate reading.

DON'T use it on a sloping or curved road, it will impair the reading.

Thanks you guys. Sounds to me like for the money I paid, it will be a worthwhile indicator.

I have an app on my phone that does the same stuff, its fairly accurate but needs be mounted very securely.

I have an app on my phone that does the same stuff, its fairly accurate but needs be mounted very securely.

Yeah, but for that your phone must actually HAVE an accelerometer chip.

(You can buy the chips. I actually thought (very briefly) about building one.)

Yeah, but for that your phone must actually HAVE an accelerometer chip.

(You can buy the chips. I actually thought (very briefly) about building one.)

Almost all new phones do. I have both dynolicious and pocketdyno+ on my old iphone 3g and keep it in the car for that and music. It makes some cool graphs of hp, mph, and g's throughout your runs. They make a few for android phones too but I haven't used them.

-
Back