Anybody VINYL ROOF??

-

Duster7286

Reaction score
Anyone "DYE" their vinyl roof? And have some pics you can show me??
Mine is lt green and lookin to dye to black with Sem Landeau Black. Just wanted some thoughts, comments hopefully pics and advice. The top is in great shape, not ready to have that replaced just yet. Thanks guys.

not a roof...but i use the sem on just about everything else from dash pads to door panels...i did a roof with some dupont (matched to body colour)...i think you'll be happy

I had a '71 duster with what was a bronze top I thought was white.It was painted with "Mar Hyde".Owned the car ten years,I used to clean it with Wesleys Bleach White and a stiff brush all the time(ask anyone who has a white top!!!)
I never knew it was dyed until it was rear ended at an intersection(popped off where the roof buckled)Pretty good adheasion I think.

This roof was white, I put 2 coats of black dye for vinyl I got at an auto paint store. I think 38.00 for a pint. I was to spray it but used a couple sponges on a stick. Applied first one direction and then the other direction. It was thin and runny, but covered well. Mask it very carefully. it is OK for a driver. I wish i would have put a new top on. I think they are about 100.00. Thanks Walt:toothy7:

I did it too. From tan to black

13.JPG

Picture 038.jpg

Look at Parasol Inc. They have good dye that is not thinned down paint like many other dyes.

Thanks for all the info guys! Im gonna dye it, and hopefully all goes well.

-
Back