Anybody want to take a stab at HP figure??

-

PhillH

Reaction score
Ill try to list what I've done to get a read on the expected horsepower.
360la block 30 over, stock steel crank and rods 10 under, SpeedPro Hyperutechtic flat-top 9.5 CR pistons that came in 20 below deck, I did not check which heads they are but they are cast iron and had the air injection blocked off, stainless valves 202 intakes, comp cams xe268h-10, Edelbrock Performer low intake and Edelbrock 600 carb.
I'd like to hear what this might make in a 2,985 pound Scamp.

No really though, high 13s, sort of a let down. But I tried to build a torque motor, not necessarily a revver.

13's a let down? That's a respectable street car. You might do a little better depending on gearing and converter.

Maybe I should ask about torque? I keep talking to fishmen I won't be able to sleep tonight, lol.

Ill try to list what I've done to get a read on the expected horsepower.
360la block 30 over, stock steel crank and rods 10 under, SpeedPro Hyperutechtic flat-top 9.5 CR pistons that came in 20 below deck, I did not check which heads they are but they are cast iron and had the air injection blocked off, stainless valves 202 intakes, comp cams xe268h-10, Edelbrock Performer low intake and Edelbrock 600 carb.
I'd like to hear what this might make in a 2,985 pound Scamp.

I would guess in the 325 to 350 range, but, I would put a bigger carb on there in a real hurry. Maybe a 680 to 750 cfm carb.
Jack

Well my combo , 340 mahle forged .30 over 10.5 pistons , xe 262 , 273 1. rockers , air gap , ede alu heads put out 424 hp and 446 tq with 9.7 compression open chamber heads , since then cut the heads 60 thou , now closed chamber 11.4 comp so might be up a touch on hp and tq .
You should have lots of fun , I hit the gas @ 30 mph and spin though 1st and 2nd gear , plenty of street power , you should have similar results . best of 12.9 before the head work , and not great traction . hope to get to the track once before the snow .
And I think a bigger carb is in order , 670 holley at a minimum

What difference does it make? Just put it in and have fun.

That about 1 hp per cubic inch cam, apparently opening that intake ports to 360 size is worth 20hp

-
Back