Anybody watch MTV on New Years Eve?

-

OL DODGE

Reaction score
Within a span of 2 1/2 hours last night there were 4 videos with early A-bodies and one late C-body in songs like Everclear's"Father of Mine",P.O.D.'s "Alive",the B-52's "Deadbeat Club",etc
I'm glad I stayed home last night,however my wife thought I was nuts getting excited over seeing cars in videos..........but they weren"just cars,they were Mopars dear!

Sorry no cable. I bleary eyed got through the 11 O' clock news, could not STAND what I was seeing on ABC, flipped to FOX and took ONE LOOK AT THE ANNOYING DEMOTARD STEVE HARVEY and shut the thing off and went to sleep.

"I heard" on the YB that Britney was on. She has nothing I want. NOTHING

MTV plays videos again? Party like its 1983!!!

Speaking of 1983 I have been watching a series on Netflix called "Halt and Catch Fire".
Along with the personal drama in their lives (which I don't care about) it follows the advances of PC's and the Internet from the days of text only through who knows.
I am up to where one of the people has developed the first antivirus software, and is trying to sell it.

Anyway, since it is based in the years it is there are a lot of cool old cars along with lots of Mopars.

Thats sounds interesting, Ill have to check it out. My first 9600 baud connection was to a BBS in about 1993. I used a pay service called GNN (Global Network Navigator), which was later bought by AOL. It came free in "Computer Shopper" magazine so I had to go out and buy a modem and all I could afford was the older 9600's on closeout at Fry's as the 14.4s and new 28.8's were the hot ones now. It was all command line and a pic that was downloaded came over as scrolling interlaced lines, getting better and better resolution. Good thing was that you could get an idea of what the ****..er, PICTURE was going to look like before it was fully downloaded so you could kill it if you didnt want it. Hey, that was and is still the driving force for file transfer innovation on the WWW. We should all be thankful to the **** industry for giving us MPEG and streaming video that we still enjoy today.

-
Back