Anyone Deal in ATI Super Dampers or Advice on Were to Buy One

-
Glad you got setup Tom. Not to hijack your thread but can anyone tell me what the deal is with ATI dampers and Sm Blocks? I hear you have to grind the timing marks off of the timing cover to make them work.

TIA,
Bill

Not the best picture but I didn’t grind mine off

10247AA0-F61E-4E5A-919E-62AB140A60EB.jpeg

6D817B41-9773-47B2-AFA5-368679202417.jpeg

You're not hyjacking Bill, but you might want to post a thread in the small block section since more guys will see it than buried in this thread.

Tom
That was intentional.... I always try and hide my newbie posts as to not expose myself. :lol:

Glad you got setup Tom. Not to hijack your thread but can anyone tell me what the deal is with ATI dampers and Sm Blocks? I hear you have to grind the timing marks off of the timing cover to make them work.

TIA,
Bill
What you said is true. I was actually making shims to go in front of oil slinger but that did not work. That's why I shelved my ATI for another manufacturer. You can possibly use the 273 timing cover.

Here's the footnote for the sm blocks....

2. Hubs are dimensioned to clear the stock cast-in timing tab on MOST applications. Due to changes by the manufacturer overtime, the tab MAY need to be ground and re-welded. The damper face for pulley mounting will be forward of the OEM location by .150” for 2-ring internal balance, .450” for 3-ring int. balance, .750” for 3-ring ext. balance. Hubs may be shortened by the listed amount for internal balance & by .600” (.150” fwd of OEM) on ext. balance if tab is cleared. 2-ring int. balance can be installed in OEM location with minor clearancing of timing tab & retain OE timing mark.

-
Back