anyone else a slave to the big man?

-
Well I ain't done crap, I'm retired and that is way I like it. Been camping now for going on 3 weeks. Brand new Grandson, hell life is great. So hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

No such thing as being a slave to the "man". You are a slave to the paycheck that's all. After a few hourly jobs early on in my life after leaving Uncle Sam I went salaried because I wanted to do something with my life and make more money. For the next 30 years I never saw a week less than 50-55 hours. It was my choice....

I thought becoming a "Trophy Husband" would end my 60 hour work weeks. Now I'm working for the Woman 24/7!

But at least after 4pm I can drink on the job.

Glad to see I am not alone. As far as all of you "RICH" self employed folks go, just remember. You dont have some the politics of working for someone else. I have such great envy for you all. And some of you even get to do something you love. I would treasure such an opportunity. That is what makes you rich to me.

I thought becoming a "Trophy Husband" would end my 60 hour work weeks. Now I'm working for the Woman 24/7!

But at least after 4pm I can drink on the job.

I keep trying to get my wife to go for this set up, and she just will not do it.

Labor day was great. I love 3 day weekends. Unfortunately, as a salaried employee this means my boss can make me his *****. in the 2 days since (tuesday and wednesday) I have worked 32.5 hours.

Makes me miss being an hourly employee. Id be cracking into the OT tomorrow.

You are NOT a slave...as NO ONE is forcing You to work at what You do. You are a slave because of the situation You have allowed Yourself to get into for whatever reason.

You can walk out..accept it....or plan another direction to go in. I suggest hitching up Your britches and plan a different career path and ACT on it no matter how short or long it takes to succeed.(while You keep Your current employment) This post sounds as if My youngest brother started it.

... And some of you even get to do something you love. I would treasure such an opportunity. That is what makes you rich to me.

As much as the long hours and lack of a life outside of the shop add up, I have to count myself in that category. I haven't "worked" a single day since I opened the shop and love what I do. Except for Commando valve cover restorations :-D, it's rare that two jobs are alike. I won't say I'm getting rich by any means (though the new hourly rate has indeed helped my Suggah Mama status these last few months LOL), but the personal satisfaction outweighs the minimal negatives. Though the money was much better in my old life, I have to admit I wouldn't go back to working for lawyers now ... even if the office opened up next door and my new boss wanted to triple my old salary. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Either way, Terzmo has it right: YOU control your own future and destiny. If you hate what you do for a living, you're the only one who can say NO and the only one who can truly point your life in a different direction.

Either way, Terzmo has it right: YOU control your own future and destiny. If you hate what you do for a living, you're the only one who can say NO and the only one who can truly point your life in a different direction.

I have something in the works. But it is slow developing. Once it fruits it will be great, I hope. But in the mean time I have to do the adult thing and endure corporate America employment. To quote my old hockey coach, "The sacrifices in the now sow the seeds for the successes of tomorrow."

You are NOT a slave...as NO ONE is forcing You to work at what You do. You are a slave because of the situation You have allowed Yourself to get into for whatever reason.

You can walk out..accept it....or plan another direction to go in. I suggest hitching up Your britches and plan a different career path and ACT on it no matter how short or long it takes to succeed.(while You keep Your current employment) This post sounds as if My youngest brother started it.
dont misunderstand. if you dont learn to man up and take it in the Corps, you get crushed. Just nice to vent this kind of crap every once in a while. It is sort of like taking deep breaths when you are enraged. cleansing in a way.

As much as the long hours and lack of a life outside of the shop add up, I have to count myself in that category. I haven't "worked" a single day since I opened the shop and love what I do. Except for Commando valve cover restorations :-D, it's rare that two jobs are alike. I won't say I'm getting rich by any means (though the new hourly rate has indeed helped my Suggah Mama status these last few months LOL), but the personal satisfaction outweighs the minimal negatives. Though the money was much better in my old life, I have to admit I wouldn't go back to working for lawyers now ... even if the office opened up next door and my new boss wanted to triple my old salary. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Well said! Leanna you're my idol. :eek:)

I'll stick with my Pearl drums thank you .......... LMAO

Me too

166178_486011733111_7598053_n.jpg

-
Back