anyone else feel this way?????

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
PARTS ------ When I need them they are "hard to get" and "high prices". However, when I go sell parts, no interest... LOL!
my 3 craigslist cities which I advertise in reaches somewhere in between 750k-million. Like a complete drum to drum 8 3/4 B-body rear end with 3.23 gears, 200 bucks. I won't sell it now, but it didn't get any attention. But if I needed one, I bet somebody would sock me 400 bucks for it complete, and I'd have to pay it..... lol.

Such is Life !!!!!!! :confused:

I agree but I think it might have to do with the parts we are LOOKING for are all the same parts EVERYONE is looking for. Brings up the price. When I find what I need, I buy it, credit cards are wonderful. Never know if you will EVER see one again. FYI this 66 GT DART is my 5th mopar I have restored/restomoded. Some parts are expensive, some not so much. IMO that B body rear end has two thing going against it, open diff, and 3.23 gears.

IMO that B body rear end has two thing going against it, open diff, and 3.23 gears.

That B-body 8 3/4 rear end works in Dusters/Darts, Aspen/Volares, Diplomats, and of course B-bodies. I see 8 1/4 rear ends here on Fabo for more money, 3.21 open rear ends. Just say'n........

That B-body 8 3/4 rear end works in Dusters/Darts, Aspen/Volares, Diplomats, and of course B-bodies. I see 8 1/4 rear ends here on Fabo for more money, 3.21 open rear ends. Just say'n........
If I needed it, it is a steal. You could sell it quick if it was a Sure Grip. Dont forget, ALL B bodies had the same rear end. (unless Dana) Lots were made. They are getting harder to find, but I can usually find one in a Pick a part near here. $60 drum to drum.

If I needed it, it is a steal. You could sell it quick if it was a Sure Grip. Dont forget, ALL B bodies had the same rear end. (unless Dana) Lots were made. They are getting harder to find, but I can usually find one in a Pick a part near here. $60 drum to drum.

Well, I don't live in California. I will tell you now, there are NO B-Bodies in the pick-a-part yards here. I live in a rust belt, and those b-bodies were already crushed by the mid 90's. Happy hunting here for old mopars in the yards, that includes mid 70's C-bodies

I do enjoy living in a non rust belt state. Here, cars are just worn out, forgotten in garages, back yards, on base, hardly any are rusted out.

PARTS ------ When I need them they are "hard to get" and "high prices". However, when I go sell parts, no interest... LOL!
my 3 craigslist cities which I advertise in reaches somewhere in between 750k-million. Like a complete drum to drum 8 3/4 B-body rear end with 3.23 gears, 200 bucks. I won't sell it now, but it didn't get any attention. But if I needed one, I bet somebody would sock me 400 bucks for it complete, and I'd have to pay it..... lol.

Yeah its like fishing. I replied to a Craigslist ad for a Dart grill, 70-71. The guy was quick to tell me how much, I asked about if the bolt tabs are broken off, and asked to send a pic._ nothing as of yet, been 5 days or so. I think I was supposed to jump right on it or something but I already have a grill with all the tabs broken and want to make sure this grill is what I want. People think its a sellers market, I disagree. Its like Kelsey hayes rotors, I always see rusty nasty pitted small bolt rotors at swap meets, why buy that crap when they are available new.

PARTS - yes sir.. this is exactly why I still have 90% of a car (sans the body) kicking around in my garage.. I know damn well as SOON as I start parting with the stuff - - I 'll need it. Like all the mid-80's Firebird stuff I kept for 5 years after I junked the car.. I swear, first I sold the transmission, then the 350, then all the Hotchkis and exhaust stuff, then the GTA wheels - 3 weeks later I came across a Nova - no motor, trans and shitty old steel wheels.. would have been an ok retro-mod... but NOOOOOO... LOL

From what i've seen Mopars guys want gold for everything they're trying to sell..but want to pay squat when buying something...

I hear ya!
I think that is a very fair price if not under what it's worth. (here).
If i lived close to you, i would be p.m.ing you right now, not to flip it, but to use it in one of my projects.
That being said, what year is it from?
There are a few different widths over the years for b-bodies.
BTW, i buy stuff on the high side when i need it, cheaper when i don't particularly need it at this time.
Example: I had a 8 1/4 a-body rear end for sale, 2:76 sure grip, ran it in a car after i cleaned it up and painted it and went through the brakes and changed the fluid using the proper oil and additive, and it works well with no noises etc. the sure grip works great with no funny noises either, gears quiet...... Asking price was $300.00 drum to drum just bolt in and go. I traded for it and had that much into it in my opinion. Only one really interested guy and i haven't heard from him in over a year. Other than that only a couple of responses to the effect that ''I wish it was 3:21's or 3:55's and i would buy it today for that price'', or ''if it was an a-body 8 3/4 i would give you that''.
If it were those ratios, i would sell it for double, was my response. An a-body 8 3/4 would be upwards of a grand in that condition was another one of my responses.
So, i'll keep it and use it in one of my projects sometime down the road.
I don't get worked up about people as much as i used to, life's too short...........lol:D
fuggetabowdit!

Its like Kelsey hayes rotors, I always see rusty nasty pitted small bolt rotors at swap meets, why buy that crap when they are available new.

It's because the people that are in the know, are aware that the hubs that are attatched to the rotors are unobtanium, dinosaur eggs, hens teeth, obsolete, to find in this day and age.
You need the hubs, to use with the new rotors.
Just my 2 cents on the subject.

It's because the people that are in the know, are aware that the hubs that are attatched to the rotors are unobtanium, dinosaur eggs, hens teeth, obsolete, to find in this day and age.
You need the hubs, to use with the new rotors.
Just my 2 cents on the subject.
Yep. You let out the secret! Now they will be worth more money!! :cheers:

Feast or famine. I went with 3.23s when I had my rear end set up and for the 741 they were hard to find because no aftermarket. Paid about $80 for it shipped now I see quite a few with no interest. I would love to have a spare b body 8.75 rear end.

Talk about expensive. How about an A body steering wheel can extension. There's very little steel and it's mostly air inside.
I've been looking for one for over a year. One that I could afford.

I didn't see it in Chicago CL I usually check every other day. I need 10x 2" rear drum setup. Where are you located.

Why won't this misinformation die?

All B-bodies DID NOT use the same rear end. They changed lengths several times by year and by models, and not by a little bit.

B-body 8 3/4 widths, flange to flange

'62-'63= 53 1/4" (And '64 Max Wedge)
'64 = 55 5/8" (Exc. Max Wedge)
'65-'67= 54 1/4"
'68-'70= 54 15/16"
'71-'74= 57 7/8"
'71-'73 wagon= 59 7/16"

And remember, '62-'64 had tapered axles too, so they're lousy donors for later cars.

I hear ya. yep the Midwest is not California!!!!!!!

good buddy of 30 years, has a small Mopar boneyard. i needed an 8 3/4 rear for my 67 Bel1 project. $200 complete with open 3rd member, that was a "buddy" price! like he said, these old cars and parts are drying up.

most of the spare parts are in the hands of enthusias ts. they sell off stuff to finance current projects.

finding parts you need and afforadable is like an Easter Egg hunt!!!!! I have to admit , my mind is still back in the 80's and 90's, when parts were way more plentiful and sometimes but not always way more affordable.... now days some just are findable!!!!!!! unless you take out a bank loan!!??? LOL

I know exactly what you mean. I just this past week took a load of stuff to the dump. I tried it for sale here months ago and kept lowering the price.

Just like the time I scrapped about 12 pairs of big block heads including some 906s and 915s. No one would even come get them for free or pay shipping with no additional cost.

I cannot stand stuff layin around a long time that I won't use. I won't be putting anything up for sale here again. If I cannot sell it locally, I will throw it away.

Yep I'm waiting on the price to come up then squash another 50

To me there are less project cars being built, even though all the tv shows make it seem like it's all the rage.

-
Back