-

zhandfull

Reaction score
In my local craigslist for $2000

440/Auto and air conditioning

Attachments

• 3p23od3l35Z35R65S6b4s17b70d9efc59103f.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 244
That is one streamline S.O.B, Eddie Griswold. I like the front spoiler! ;)

There's a TransVan like that down at one of our local self serve wrecking yards. They're pretty cool when fixed up but they can be a real money pit too. If you keep them fairly stock, you can get mileage that isn't too horrible. My '78 Class A motorhome will get 11 on a good day and 9 on a bad one. The class C should get a bit more than that.

Of course I can see the potential. Unfortunately I tend to see potential in almost anything ( turbo rotary Yugo, anyone?), which is why my Duster languishes in the driveway while I work on scads of other stuff.

Before anyone asks; I'm not really building a Yugo!

Had one with a similar set up engine not as big...plan on about 8 mpg. Lots of systems always a repair.....

JMO, unless you can put a diesel engine it. I wouldnt waste my time. You'll spend more than 2k in gas in the first year or two of ownership.

I see the potential alright... the potential to sit in the driveway most of the time unless you need to tow the boat to go camping. I have a Dodge van with a 318 and its gas mileage is bad enough! I do use it for dump runs, camping, towing and hauling so it's still useful.

-
Back