Anyone Got A Combo Like This

-
Ya know Chris, this is looking good to me.

I was thinking in the back of my head...OK, that's bad sometimes....
Ported heads, the Edelbrocks and a single plane like a Victor.

Anybody wanna add 2 cents to that thought? LOL! Just day dreamin.......

Ya know Chris, this is looking good to me.

I was thinking in the back of my head...OK, that's bad sometimes....
Ported heads, the Edelbrocks and a single plane like a Victor.

Anybody wanna add 2 cents to that thought? LOL! Just day dreamin.......

Yeah rumble, all that I know is what ever I do to the engine or what ever the 68 runs (just as long as its faster than a 10.90) I will be jumpin off the ground!!!
I'm doing a little day dreamin my self....:read2:

The problem is not a smaller engine with the heads, but the longer strokes with the heads. The ports were not developed with cubes bigger than 440 in mind. So the speeds get really high and the port goes into choke. That doesnt mean some guys can't make a combo work. I have a friend who can make 680 hp from a SS legal 351 Cleveland. That doesnt mean I or many others can make it...lol. A 3.75" stroke engine can make better numbers than a 4.15 will with them. Any porting you could squeeze into the budget will only help... As will any extra squeeze you can get.

Chris, yeah, the 4800 stall should work great, as long as its a good unit & you don't have too much slippage, & i'm thinking Rumble might be right about a single plane intake, either the Victor or M1.

About the gears, i'de think the 4.10s with a 28" tire, or 4.30s with a 29.5", or 31s with the 4.56s, but can you stuff a 31" under the car, don't know how well your budget is, but sence you have the 29.5", a 4.30 should do it, i trapped around 6300 with 4.10s & a 28" tire, this was at 123+ mph, there are calculators that will show you what the trap RPMs will be with tire/gear/mph, you need to find out what RPM you feel safe with or where the engines makeing its power, its okto trap around 500 rpms more then your shift points, i shifted at 5800, trapped at 6300, so just say you shift at 6300, you can trap at 67-6800, maybe someone will have some sights they can post, i know one is Wallace racing.

Moper does have a VG point about the heads, the eddys are great on a 440 in stock form, but those cubes will swallow them up & they will hit a wall in stock trim, so i'd test them out the way they are, then after a while, yank them off, have them ported & mill them some to get closer to 11.1 compression, or if you can sell them for a good price, it will at least put you 1/2 way to a set of way better heads, the Indy EZs are a nice head, stock they flow 300, if you raise the window on the ports to Max wedge (i've been told its easy), they will go 330, they were casted so this could be done. Indy had a nice kit about 3yrs. ago on there EZs, you got the heads/head bolts & i think pushrods, maybe even head gaskets for like 1899.00, not a bad deal seeing how well those heads flow, they will support alot of HP.

i agree on the smaller gear .

my dart has 29.5 tire with a 410 rear . 493" , Its around 6200 at the stripe and i shift at 5800 .

with a 28" it was around 6400 .

My buddy ran the Rpm heads, mildly hand ported , to a 9.14 ET . 500" , .620 lift roller , race gas , 2800 pound Cuda.

-
Back