Anyone have a diagram for a brake booster set up?

-

Rengo

Reaction score
I finally bought a set of brackets for my car so I can start changing it over. Does anyone have a picture of the brackets?

are you refering to the brake booster bracket? It usually comes when you buy the combo. If you found one with out the booster and are starting from there research the part number and go from there.

Post a pic of the parts you have. We'll tell you what your missing. Along with the offset adapter there are 2 support stiffener brackets.

I have the offset bracket that goes between the booster and firewall, and the stiffener support brackets, but I bought a new booster and there is not a location to connect the support brackets. I also have concerns about the master cylinder that the part store ordered for me. The top usually has one big bubble in the back and one small bubble up front, this one has two small bubbles, nor do I know if the same size of brake line will fit it.

phprQYNIoAM.jpg

phpCUXW0SAM.jpg

phpY0kUYFAM.jpg

phpJ6dF4mAM.jpg

I tried to post pictures of the parts that I have, they were there a minute ago and now they are gone.

Hey.....I take it the brackets made it to you fine then? ...never heard back from you on if they showed up and was getting curious and then I scene this. I never had the whole setup installed in the car so i cant say for sure exactly how it is all suppose to hook up but I want to say that the larger support bracket mounts to the firewall and runs up to one of the master cylinder studs. as for the other support bracket im not positive where exactly it goes. but I am sure there are plenty of guys on her with factory booster set ups that can snap a couple pictures for you on how it all is mounted up.

where did you find a booster from?, I looked for some time for a booster and could not find one, all the parts stores ceased manufacturing of them and didnt offer them and when trying to buy online they showed as a available for special order but upon trying to check out they all would say "unavailable". so about a year ago I finally gave up and converted to manual brakes and decided I would screw around with it down the road sometime.

Anyhow, glad to here they showed up to you.

The support brackets go to the rear booster bolts & then to the inner fender & firewall

:-k it sounds like the booster was not made for this adapter...:-k, there may be a bracket that bolts up to the booster you have :-k:scratch: :dontknow:
On your M.C. if you have 2 even pod sizes I bet it is a dual drum master cylinder . I could be wrong :happy1:

This photo help you out at all?

Attachments

• Booster A body 005 (Small).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 231
I am not trying to hijack post, but I was in the same boat as dusterdude. All parts places said no booster was avail. I even went as far as contacting Cardone who does the rebuilding of booster and said I would have to go thru Napa to return booster for rebuild. Kinda of skeptacle to do. My luck would be they say it got lost or bad and ends up with someone who works there or one of their buddies who needed one. The local napa gave me a number to call and see if they can do it. The company I contacted was POWER BRAKE X-CHANGE INC.They are located in Pittsburgh. Parts guy said they been in business for at least 40+ years. I called gave him my info and he said they can do it. My cost would be 255.00 and change. I decided to go another route and eliminate booster due to cam. If anybody is interested in their service they have website (just put in their name) or contact them at (412)-441-5729

Maybe this one??

Or maybe this one. I bought the booster in the 2nd picture from another member. Power Brake Booster Exchange, Inc (Booster Dewey) rebuilt and restored this 68 booster internally and externally and turned it into what you see in the first picture.

Attachments

• brake booster 001.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 353
  • nasty booster.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 212
-
Back