Anyone have a factory console tach in a Dart?

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a factory console tach in their '67-'69 Dart? I'd like a pic of where your wiring goes, especially through the firewall.

Why wouldn't you just run the one wire you need from outside through the bulkhead? Take the power ground and light signal from inside.

I can do that, but I'd like to make the installation look factory correct. Barracuda wire runs though bulkhead connector. The Dart does not.

White car factory tach , red car not , see the extra hole , top one

06A4A6EC-91A8-4F51-8109-833C0BF04D77.png

EFA57E87-5792-4992-B65F-EE1CD84279DF.png

Next to the black circle, Steve?...I believe its a wiring connector...2 part tach harness.
I'll bet the big block tach-to-firewall harness is the same small block one....they just use a longer wire from that connector to the further-away coil on a big block.

Yep good call! Curious to get the cuda home. I'm sure mine is in same spot with a grommet, but no connector.
I think you might find your B'Cuda has the tach wire going through the bulkhead connector, as B'Cuda's had the tach in the dash, not the console. I stand to be corrected when you get your car back!

Last edited:
65val , has it in it the spot I agree with , I have found several other cuda s that use that hole , my dart uses the hole abouve the speedo cable ,

Could be mid year changes involved as well. I know we discovered that with the a.c. connections under the dash on the cuda. We were scratching our heads....wtf???(I do that a lot)
Then Del posted a factory 67 schematic that was different than our schematic. Bingo bingo

-
Back