anyone have a source to a duster service manual? or at least LA318 torque specs?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
im gonna be going through my car redoing a bunch of stuff. Id be cool to have a factory service manual to look through for torque specs and stock positioning and wiring and stuff.

if anything, i really need main torque specs for an LA318, im going to be tearing into mine real soon and need the correct #s

thanks!

and by main torque secs i mean a complete torque list for the entire motor, not just the main caps lol

just for clarification

I would recommend buying a service manual. Here are some torque specs. Remember the main caps and heads need to be tightened in steps and sequence.

There was a thread on here where a lot of the service manuals could be downloaded. I will try to find the thread and post it here for you.

thanks guys...i have a 73, but im downloading the 72 neways, its gotta help some! haha

That LA torque sheet at mymopar has some BAD info!

Ok I found the thread, and Im not sure if it will be useful for you or not, only ones posted are up to 72, here is a link to the thread, hopefully you can use whats here.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=72+service+manual

wrjjol.jpg

Please get the data from a service manual.

For one the rocker arm shaft bolt size and torque. They aren't 3/8" and the torque is not 30#. Try 5/16 bolts and 17-18 for torque. Otherwise you'll be snapping bolts and distorting shafts.

My bad. Sorry

Sure not your fault. There IS some good stuff over there, the wiring diagrams, a couple of service manuals for download.

Another "bad" over there is the rear axle size chart. That thing is AFU

im gonna be going through my car redoing a bunch of stuff. Id be cool to have a factory service manual to look through for torque specs and stock positioning and wiring and stuff.

if anything, i really need main torque specs for an LA318, im going to be tearing into mine real soon and need the correct #s

thanks!

Knock yourself out...

Attachments

• P1010110.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 79
  • P1010109.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 76
Yea I got the manual. Printed out the torque specs from the 72 manual. Pretty sure all the 318 shortblocks were the same torque specs

-
Back