Anyone have any Wagons?

-

Dan201

Banned
Reaction score
I will be needing a bigger vehicle soon my dart sedan is getting to small and we are looking into a wagon can anyone tell me what the distance is from the rear facing seats to the tail gate on a wagon? We need something that can take a double stroller I am personnaly thinking a 74 coronet or monaco would be nice but before I spend time looking hard for one I want to know what sort of space I would have for a stroller

What area are you from and are you wanting a project or a runner?I'm in florida and have a 79 volare wagon project car.318 auto air p/s 600$ not all rusty.

do Volares have rear facing seats at the back so they can seat 8? Is there enough room for a stroller? Don't know much about them but I thought they were the same size as a dart. I am in ontario canada so florida would be a little far

i had this one for a while traded it for my dart it sat more then it was driven i liked it

Picture 048.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

1962 Falcon... great on gas, tons of space. The only problem is that it's a Ford. I wanted a Dart or Valiant but I couldn't find one in decent shape. The Falcon was sort of a blessing; I didn't know anything about Fords so working on this car has given me some perspective. And the parts that are available for Fords are unbelievable. I could probably rebuild this report from the ground up with NOS and reproduction parts!

I have found it pretty difficult to manage 2 vintage cars, so one of them has to go. Which one do you think it will be? That's right... the Falcon will probably be for sale next spring.

d045_20.jpg

Still can you fit 8 people and a full size stroller in a wagon? Where in Ontario are you can I come look at the falcon to see its size?

Oh no, you won't be fitting 8 people in that car. The Falcon was Ford's compact economy car. It's definitely more narrow than my Dart, and maybe not even as long. It will seat only 5 people, but with tons of cargo space.

At this point I'm not ready to officially put it up for sale, I still have some parts I want to put on it and I want to enjoy it for the rest of this year. I'll certainly be advertising it on FABO when I'm ready to let it go. You're welcome to come and take a look at it anyway. Send me a PM and maybe we can figure out the logistics.

I was thinking about a Falcon Wagon because the parts are so available, my brother has a 66 Mustang fastback and he said about the same thing as you you can just about build a car from scratch with new parts.
But then I found the Dart Wagon, did not think I would ever find one. I have always been a Mopar guy anyway. (silly little brother)

OK....
IF you are dead set on a 8 passenger wagon.... forget the A and F body wagons.
Mopar only offered 8 passenger on the Full size lines; B and C bodies.

Later,
Bruce B.

My First car was a 68 Fury Wagon. It had no problems with 8 people, well if you consider teenagers people, even after I made it a convertible. (I was young and stupid, and rented a carbide saw)

I have a '69 T&C, c-body wagon. Not common, but you can still find them. (as long as a Ford Excursion SUV)

-
Back