Anyone have Holly EFI on 360 Magnum? Issues?

-

twister360

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking of installing the Holly Sniper on my 74 Duster which has a mild build 360 Magnum with built 904 transmission. Currently have Holly 3310, electric choke, also have AC.
If I buy the kit will I need anything else, like return springs, kick down linkage, etc?

For starters, you'll need an EFI electric fuel pump; and depending which pump/regulator setup you go with, possibly a 3/8 fuel line and a return. If you're going with the Holley in-tank pump/sender unit for instance, it's already self-regulating and has an internal return. Either way you need to run power back to the tank.
I believe the Sniper still requires the Holley/Mopar throttle/kickdown linkage adapter.
Depending on what intake manifold you have and whether it has an extra temp. sender port of the correct size, you may need to get a thermostat housing adapter to run their sender.
And then there's the distributor; if you want the Sniper to control your advance, you'll have to either lock out your current distributor or get a different compatible distributor.
Lots of threads on all these topics, search and enjoy.

twister 360,
mr. proffesor is absolutely correct.

my 360 magnum is running the holley efi terminator x throttle body and computer, although I am running a manual trans I don't don't need a kick down cable or a separate harness for the transmission nor do I need the Hyper spark distributor that is needed with the SNIPER to control timing.

I have installed plenty of HOLLEY EFI systems and I can def recommend you upgrade to the TERMINATOR that works great with alot of classic, street, pro-touring, resto-mod builds or a DOMINATOR if you want to get crazy.
The SNIPER has its flaws due to the fact you cant make fine tune adjustments due to the program that it is running. the SNIPER'S computer is also within the throttle body as to appose to the other systems where the computer can be mounted where desired typically in the cab ( away from heat sources and the ignition system witch you cant do with the SNIPER).

I have had my fare share of problems with the SNIPER system and clients coming back and me spending hours on the phone with holley and time figuring out the issue. I have even sent back the sniper throttle body back to HOLLEY got it back ran for a week and started having drivability issues all over again. so I def recommend upgrading to the better systems they offer you will be alot happier.

the TERMITANTOR AND DOMINATOR have a self learning system just like the sniper you can run BUT I have always set up a dyno day for fine tuning on the system. they fine tune how much gas you need to start, full throttle, idle, ect..

so there there is def a little more involved if you want your ride running as smooth as butter on a hot pan.

I attached an article with HR last year on upgrading to a EFI tank with all the part #s you need.
Simple EFI Conversion Fuel Tank for Mopars

let me know if you got question!

Just got done doing a terminator swap. The wiring is a little confusing with Mopar’s system (key on run). Biggest issue I had but not a big one. I went with the duel sync ignition system also. Lokar throttle and trans kick down linkage. Holley makes a drop in 255 walboro pump that returns itself inside the tank so no return line needed which was nice. Pump self regulates at 58.

F3343B90-2D8C-4FF6-AFC7-7A18962F0C15.jpeg

Bear in mind that the terminator uses what is known as the Holley HP computer. stupid name. But it is a stand alone computer smaller than the Dominator, and can be configured many different ways. You can use it with a TBI unit, or port injectors. There are folks who have used it with Hilborn style "stack" systems as well Very very versatile. Only downside is that it is potted with what amounts to epoxy. You ain't gonna have it fixed if something dies inside

I actually found a Hilborn / Mopar SB and hope one day to have it on an engine

-
Back