Anyone heard of Boss Hog torque converters? Is this gonna work for my setup?

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
So, my Dad's friend somehow didn't install the tranny n converter correctly in my Dart, and the torque converter got destroyed. We pulled the tranny to have a professional go through it and am adding a shift kit and new pump while he's at it...

My Dad ordered a new torque converter and informed me of this after it is on the way.

The old converter was 2800, and the specific Boss Hog converter ordered says 2200-2800... What;s that all about? It says the stall changes depending on my setup, but doesn't my setup's performance change depending on the exact stall number?

This is my current set up fyi... (1970 Dart with stockish suspension... Its a 383, 727, 8 3/4, 742 suregrip, 323 gears in rear atm, and I have 2800 stall, and 27 diameter reartires, 255's... Also, Shumacher headers...
With 750 edelbrock carb, Street dominator holly aluminum intake, stealth aluminum heads (just looked over and squared), light weight anything possible (aluminum radiator and water pumphousing, etc), Comp Cam 274 extreme energy (4.9 lift/hydraulic), 9.3 compression (current estimation), stock gaskets, etc...)

I've heard of them (quite a few years ago) but never used one myself so I can't comment. The guy who installed your trans/conv probably didn't seat the conv properly and/or didn't torque the flex plate/conv bolts correctly. The stall may change based on your components and the range may also be representative of the differences between SBs & BBs. It would be a good move to call the mbfr with your specs (usually done before ordering) and see what their recommendations are. GL.

i bought a 2000-2200 years ago,they sent me a 4500,sold it to a racer and he liked it

I actually have that converter in my street cars and it works really well, both are big block autos with 3.23 gears. I'm also running a step bigger cam the comp xe285hl, works great no complaints

-
Back