Anyone in the atlantic region..

-

grassy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am breaking my new 360 engine on an engine stand. Because I have ceramic headers, I heed to find another set for this 30 minute job. If I have to, I will buy a cheapie set and resel however, is there anyone out there that can lend me a set ?

Also looking to buy next sopring a v8 rad and shroud, and torsion bars.

Trying to make one car show but weather / my son's mx schedule is keeping us away.

Thanks
Ian.

Seems I read somewhere that the only reason it is not advised to use ceramic coated is because of possible backfiring,or something wierd, at break-in, only thing is that this happens only rarely? But I have been known to be wrong too.
Had a set of headers for a small block which I sold cheap last spring...sorry

Jean-Guy

JG,
the reason you cannot use ceramic headers..and this is from the manufacture..is that in the break in period, the exhaust is much hotter and will destroy the coating. They are too expensive to replace :)

I can get a set of heades under 150.00 and resell but I would prefer to borrow.

There has to be some one out there in Nova Scotia that has a set :)

Oddly enought, the Duster / dart / Scamk / valliant is becoming a rare car.

I know a guy that is doing a frame off resto to his scamp (v/6) but he is dropping a 440 into it.

Ian.

Hey Ian,

I have a rad for a 318 Demon, I believe it is the 19 inch one. I had to go with a bigger rad to cool my engine on the highway. If you need it let me know. I am near Saint John.

Jack

Hi,

I am breaking my new 360 engine on an engine stand. Because I have ceramic headers, I heed to find another set for this 30 minute job. If I have to, I will buy a cheapie set and resel however, is there anyone out there that can lend me a set ?

Also looking to buy next sopring a v8 rad and shroud, and torsion bars.

Trying to make one car show but weather / my son's mx schedule is keeping us away.

Thanks
Ian.

As for headers ask Jamie(green440duster) about them, he was doing the same thing as you(with a 360) and he was going to get some cheap headers too.

As for headers ask Jamie(green440duster) about them, he was doing the same thing as you(with a 360) and he was going to get some cheap headers too.

Great ! Is there a way on this list to do a search on names ?

Thanks
Ian.

YUP...go to "search" above, then at keyword type in "green440duster", press enter, this will give you all his posts. Just click on his name, it should bring you to his profile and from there you can PM him.

Thank-you but no. I had UAP break in the engine..good thing too because they found a faulty oil pump and some metric bolts.

It is just my health that is hampering me. Apparently, I have a bunch of scar tissue surrounding the tubes that holds my sciatic nerves. Next stop back surgeon. It never ends.

Ian :)

Thank-you but no. I had UAP break in the engine..good thing too because they found a faulty oil pump and some metric bolts.

It is just my health that is hampering me. Apparently, I have a bunch of scar tissue surrounding the tubes that holds my sciatic nerves. Next stop back surgeon. It never ends.

Ian :)

didn't realize how long ago this thread was started:eek:ops:

You can use the ceramic, if timing correct, and not lean. Advanced will color them, retarded puts way more heat in them, real bad. Lean will color. If sure of the carb, prime it, fire just to read the light, turn off, adjust.

You can use the ceramic, if timing correct, and not lean. Advanced will color them, retarded puts way more heat in them, real bad. Lean will color. If sure of the carb, prime it, fire just to read the light, turn off, adjust.

its a very old thread that somehow I doug up the engine is long broke in:eek:ops:

-
Back