Anyone into firearms?

-
Lots of people on this site as well, including me.

Awesome. Not really into the AR platforms but just not my preference. Im real big on pistol caliber rifles but generally like all firearms. Especially if they are shiny :)

Awesome. Not really into the AR platforms but just not my preference. Im real big on pistol caliber rifles but generally like all firearms. Especially if they are shiny :)

12 years in the US ARMY got me into the AR-15 lol. i want to get a rifle in 30-06, a 12 gauge shot gun and always wanted a 45-70

I've got an SKS w/bullpup conversion that looks pretty cool. Also got a 1911, Ruger P95, and a Mosin Nagant. Theres a couple others that arent coming to mind ATM....

I am into firearms also! Mainly revolvers - I have .22lr, .22mag, .38 Special,
2 .357 magnums, The Judge, and a .44 Magnum. I also have a .22lr pistol, and a 1911.

I used to be, not so much anymore. I can only afford so many expensive hobbies, and money, and osteo problems have stopped my enjoyment of shooting.

There was a day, when standing in front of me with a 44 in my hand was not a good idea...........

If you "run across" me, I'm very likely to be carry'n a Ruger 357 5 shooter.

Gotta agree with ya ruger makes some fine firearms i have a ruger redhawk 44 mag that was givin to me by my grandfather. Never will get rid of it

I enjoy shooting, beyond some .I own none.(Loved ,WW1 30-06. The accuracy,was outstanding,from 1933.

Yep...not an ar fan, prefer bolt actions...but I prefer semi auto handguns....

Yep...not an ar fan, prefer bolt actions...but I prefer semi auto handguns....

they all have their purpose. i know while running drills, i like the AR for doing moving drills over a bolt but for overwatch the .264 comes out.

Simply, a smile.....

:D

i tried to meet up with you last time i was in town but didn't work out. have to hang sometime! maybe when lompoc track opens

I love the sound of the bolt slamming closed on someone's thumb.:-D

I can STILL remember that lecture even though I could not understand about 1/3 of what that jarhead yelled.

U.S. Navy boot camp, at Camp Elliott, across the highway from NAS Miramar, summer of '68

Thompson: "Don't ever lay it down loaded"

BAR: "NICE little deer rifle!!"

"This is my piece, this is my gun, one is for shooting, the other for fun."

We marched around with Springfields, for no good reason other than to be marching around carrying SOMETHING, because most (all?) sailers would never see, much less USE a Springfield again in service!!!

(Unless of course your name was "Jake Holman" and you were aboard the "Sand Pebbles")

600px-Sand6.jpg

A photo from Navy boot camp rifle range from the '50's. If an instructor had noticed the tool second from right he'd had his boot up his ***. Actually all three on the far right / bottom, LOL

DSC01119.JPG

I've never been certain, but I think this was a 300 yard range. The targets were 6--8 ft square. "Someone" in our bunch "did something" and they made us double time down to the target end and operate the targets for everybody else. When we got back to shoot (last) my weapon was GOOD and "warm." Even though my glasses were out of date, I still managed to outshoot about 90% of the two companies we were grouped with. Most of those guys didn't know which end of the gun was "out."

I'm with 805Moparkid... all mine were lost in a boating accident! I sure enjoyed them though! 8mm Mausers, 1911s, revolvers, cz75, Ruger markI.. kinda miss 'em!

-
Back