Anyone into Van Life ???

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoy Van life !!! Besides visiting other states, and camping in our '77 Van ... we have "other" ways of enjoying Van Life with both our Vans !!!!

:lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

My take on "van life"
(Most YouTube versions)

1.....Look at ME!! Look at ME!!!
2.....Subscribe to my channel!!!
3.....Why I hate van life
4.....Some of these are fake and never leave the back yard, figuratively speaking, and pretty much really, speaking
5.....CLICKBAIT!!! With my hot wife/ girlfriend/ other
6....We traded our van for a ...................
(usually much larger....................)

My take on "van life"
(Most YouTube versions)

1.....Look at ME!! Look at ME!!!
2.....Subscribe to my channel!!!
3.....Why I hate van life
4.....Some of these are fake and never leave the back yard, figuratively speaking, and pretty much really, speaking
5.....CLICKBAIT!!! With my hot wife/ girlfriend/ other
6....We traded our van for a ...................
(usually much larger....................)
.... just buy a van .. you know you want to ...
:lol:

Cross Country traveling van. Cot in the back, curtains on the windows, flexsteel front captains chairs.

Have it set up now with a 9' CB radio whip.

Nice heat/AC and creature comforts. Decent gas mileage for a full size van. Towing capabilities with add on rear air bag overloads.

Drive till you get tired, take a nap, then go again. Nice all around deal. Use it as a run-a-round vehicle when you get to where you are going.

20230107_121830.jpg

I had a 78 E250 4WD van with a 460 cid motor and dual gas tanks. I also worked at a van and truck customization shop in the 70"s. That van could go anywhere off the beaten path. Van festivals were the best.

Van festivals were the best

Man, the stories I could tell from the van-ins we went to in the late 70's!!!!!!!!!!

I see you're in Maryland. I lived in PA. We went to Englishtown Raceway, NJ a couple of years, Virginia Beach a couple of years, and one one time Haymarket VA. Never a shortage of Boobies!!

I lived in one for awhile during the winter when I was in my 20’s.
I insulated the heck out of it and put a small propane fireplace in it.
Had paneled walls, carpet, a nice sound system and a lazy boy recliner.
I had a good job working at an equipment and party rental company as the maintenance mechanic for 3 stores around the county.
Access to every tool and piece of equipment in the company, and moved around to 3 different cities during the week.
On weekends I generally stayed at one beach or another.
I was single back then and had plenty of money to play with.:D

My new '74 right after I rattle canned and installed the front flares and spoiler
1673206940810.jpeg

I love vans. I have had one of some type over the last 30 years. Had a dodge conversion van in the 2000s that was nicer inside than my house!

Had my '65 Dodge A100 since 1968. It's been my main project and still gets driven monthly. On the original 273 and automatic, I put '68 heads, a Dodge 4 barrel intake, a 500 cfm Edelbrock 1403 carb, & dual exhaust. It's paneled, carpeted and painted as shown on my image.

318WR, have you made any threads on your van?

Thanks, Richard

-
Back