Anyone know about these stands?

-

Vic Storm

Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about the stands this car is sitting on? I need to work on the bottom of my car but no room for a rotissery. I would love to find out more about those stands. Thanks

car swing.jpg

Never seen anything like them before... I'm interested too actually! haha

I've seen those before and forgot about them. That's exactly what I need right now. Just spent 30 min. on google searching with no results, so back atcha..........where did you get the picture?
I'll post the question on BBD cause inquireing minds want to know.

Jim

i saw those before too, just don't remeber where. might need a couple armstrongs on hand they're pretty cool.

I have seen something like those in I think J.C Whitney or Eastwood. You can put the car on its side without draining fluids out. They bolt to the wheel's I think and can be done with one person.

I got the picture over at the early Valiant/barracuda site and haven;t gotten an answer from anybody over there but man I would love to have more pics, I would make some of my own.

Doesn't look like the eastwood stands. User is using a jack stand to hold up the car after rolling on its side. I would guess homemade and as long as you are careful could be used safely. I would be leary of using something heavy.

image.jpeg
I was looking for info on a tilter that I saw years ago at the Atlantic City car show. The seller rented a car and drove it onto the convention center floor, removed the battery, jacked up front tire and removed it (bolted on a jig) and did the same for the rear tire. Then using a standard electric drill drove a long threaded rod to tilt the car over onto its side. I think he was selling them for $600.

In my Google searches, I found these homemade jigs that the guy used on a Mustang. Anyone do anything like either of these things?

There was one on my local craigslist a few months ago for $150.

Probably should have bought it.

There was one on my local craigslist a few months ago for $150.

Probably should have bought it.

If it was one of the bolt on wheel hub types that you use with an electric drill, then yes, for $150 it was a steal. Let me know if you guys see one for that kind of money!

-
Back