Anyone know AMC?

-
Don't really have any meaningful info for you, just wanted to say i think it's really cool. My bud in high school had a 72' Green X with a 304. Even though it was under powered, in that light car would still burn the right side D70/14 as long as he wanted to stay in it....lol. 35+ yrs ago, but i still like'um.

I was thinking of putting a 383 in it, but if it's rare it maybe worth more to a AMC guy leaving it the way it is.

There's rare, and there's valuable... Xs are not that rare. Levis are, and I've never heard of the Patriot..lol. A buddy is into Gremlins and unless it's a pedigree performance model there's just no money in them and they rot like mad.

LOVE, LOVE. LOVE THEM. No info here either just wanting to say I love AMCs almost more then mopars. They are like that uncle of the family that is realy strange but WAY COOL at the same time, and just never comes around much.

There's rare, and there's valuable... Xs are not that rare. Levis are, and I've never heard of the Patriot..lol. A buddy is into Gremlins and unless it's a pedigree performance model there's just no money in them and they rot like mad.

It seems the patriot package was rare, can't really find much online about it. This car is super on the underside No rust in the floors or frame rails.

Don't know if this will help you but it works well for me.

I get on Google images and lookup pictures of whatever
I'm looking for, click an interesting picture, which enlarges the picture
and reveals its source or where it was posted.
Most times that info leads to all sorts of additional sources
and related sites.

Hope this helps someone.

Still not sure what to do with this thing. I've had it for sale with no luck. So would I be doing wrong by stuffing a 383 in it? The car is a 258 six.

You could put a 383 in it. The rear mount of the 904 that's in it now is in the same location as a 727 so just bolt in the rear mount and custom fabricate EVERYTHING else.

AMC 360's are cheaper than free and will bolt in using factory parts. They're also significantly lighter than a 383.

In this pic you can see how the drivetrain is installed.

Attachments

• 116_0703_09_z%201974_amc_gremlin%20wheelstand_JPG.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 164
Still not sure what to do with this thing. I've had it for sale with no luck. So would I be doing wrong by stuffing a 383 in it? The car is a 258 six.
we took a 69 road runner 383 drivetrain and stuffed it in 71 gremlin X . you talk about a fun ride....

we took a 69 road runner 383 drivetrain and stuffed it in 71 gremlin X . you talk about a fun ride....

The 383 I have is 69 Road runner. A chebby friend of mine dropped it off one day, it's complete from air cleaner to oil pan with the correct exhaust manifolds.

My brother in law had a AMC Eagle. He was always going to the Eaglesnest
web board. They might be able to hook you up with someone.
Don't really know the web addy.

After talking to my AMC buddies, they concluded it was available with those 3 packages. A rare car yes, a valuable car not so much. Fully restored you might look at getting $6000-$6500. Put a 360 in it or better yet find a 401 and tear it up.

Guys I understand it's not a valuable car, I never asked about value. This car just seemed odd and couldn't find out much about it. Car also has disc brakes - power steering and Desert only A/C

-
Back